One Hug, Zero Harm?

Applejack lay staring up at the ceiling, thinking about the man in Rarity's photo. What had happened? She couldn't sleep. Lavender Shade had fallen asleep first as she had on their first night. She was breathing softly, making a whistling noise. Valentine Sweet was snoring ultra loud, her glossy cherry hair spread out over her pillow. Rarity had an eye mask on, and her hair was hanging over the side of her bunk bed. She breathed heavily, fast asleep. AJ watched her in silence. She always felt strange around Rarity. This time the strangeness was really strong though now, pulling her towards Rarity. Applejack bit her lip. She wanted to go into the bed and cuddle up? She slapped herself. What the even heck?! Was she mad?! But Rarity just looked so... peaceful. What if she just slide in next to Rarity? For a second, get it over with. AJ spread her legs and put her foot down on the other top bunk opposite hers. Then she climbed in carefully. At first she sat there, still wondering what she thought she was doing! Rarity tensed. Applejack watched in horror, but then Rarity started breathing normally again. Applejack sighed, relieved. She silently lifted the covers and slid down next to Rarity. It felt good, but not satisfying enough...
Applejack felt her arm touching Rarity's. She rolled over and placed her arm on Rarity's chest. Then she tightened grip. It was the hug she'd been needing. She still didn't know why though. Was it love? WAIT!!! Applejack shook her head vigorously. Then she breathed in Rarity's scent once more and climbed back into her own bed. She lay back, feeling complete and a little dizzy and sick. Lovesick? No way! But strangely, Applejack went straight to sleep.