Another hug... and a kiss?

Rarity lay silent in her bed. She had this butterfly in her stomach feeling around AJ. Right now she wanted another hug. She decided it would be sweet if she gave Applejack a hug in bed like AJ had given her. She climbed down her ladder to check on Valentine. She was snoring like a warthog, pink lips in a big "O" shape. Rarity then moved on to Lavender. She was breathing quietly, a strand of her hair in her eye. Rarity carefully brushed it away, and climbed stealthily up to Applejack's bed. The strong smell of apples made her smile. The strange feeling was back. Rarity climbed into bed next to Applejack, put her arm under Applejack's breasts and gave her a squeeze. She was about to leave when Applejack rolled over and gave Rarity a kiss. To her utter surprise, she didn't want it to end. Rarity realised she was kissing Applejack back. They went under the covers and kissed for what seemed like forever. Then they finally broke apart.
"I didn't know I liked girls..." Rarity said shyly. Applejack smiled.
"Me neither."
Rarity kissed her again. Then she sighed.
"This will never work. My family, my friends... what will they think of this?" Rarity said, pointing to Applejack's arms wrapped around her waist.
"Don't fret, sugarcube. For now, it's all a secret. Don't worry." Applejack whispered. Rarity breathed in the warm smell of apples. The cosy, comforting smell. That she once called a stench. She winced at the memory.
"So... how will this work?" Rarity asked, burying her head into Applejack's chest.
"We could meet tomorrow, around competition time. By the sea. It's perfect. And no one has to know."
"What about our next challenge?" Rarity asked. She hated losing.
"Who cares? So long as we spend as much time together as possible!" AJ replied. Rarity smiled. It was going to be great. And finally, that stupid feeling had gone. She was no longer curious, but sure of everything she'd felt before.