Nothing Happened

Rarity acted like she was unaware of last night's events. She had pulled her long hair into a ponytail and worn a simple hoodie and jeans, like AJ. Val and Lav sat down with them at breakfast and started chatting about the obstacle course they'd be doing that day. Rarity was barely listening. She kept staring at Applejack. She could see the blonde girl getting uncomfortable. Perfect!
"Uh... I need the toilet. Gotta go!" She cried running in the direction of the cubicle. Rarity followed. Lots of girls whispered as she streaked past. Rarity waved at them casually and hurried up. AJ was staring into the mirror in the bathroom.
"Hey."
Applejack spun around, deep red.
"H- hey Rarity.." She stuttered. Rarity leaned against the wall with a smirk.
"So... how did you sleep?" Rarity asked casually, examining her pristine nails.
"Just fine!" AJ said a little too quickly. She looked in pain. Maybe she liked being honest because she looked in agony when she lied.
"Go to sleep straight away?"
"Uh..." AJ gulped slowly, "Yes..."
Rarity put a hand on her hip.
"Then why on earth did I hear you climb into my bed in the early hours of the morning!?" Rarity demanded. Applejack looked past Rarity at the door and darted back out. She ran into the woods, right down to the coast. The wind whipped her hair. She pulled out the hair band, setting it free.
"Your hair looks nice down."
AJ looked around again, though she knew it was Rarity. The voice was easily recognised by anyone. Rarity walked over to Applejack and let her hair down too. Then she gripped AJ's hand and squeezed it. Applejack felt wonderful. They stared out at the ocean, set free from everything. Both silent and happy.
"What are you doing here!?"
The girls let go of each other's hand and spun round. Miss Runnymede was standing a few feet away. She frowned.
"Obstacle course starts in ten, get your backsides over there."
Rarity and Applejack hastily went past her and got back to camp.
"Rarity... about the hug.. I-"
"Don't worry about it Applejack. It's ok. I needed one anyway."