Chapter 20 - Muerte

One Love, Two Mouths - A Zachary Abels Story 

Chapter 20 - 

"i know the stars are aligned, but they don't align for us. excuse me, for i am the ocean and i will starve for you" - city and colour 

'&'

It was Friday, and after the fiasco with Zach's car, they all decided to go to Mikey's house. Mikey's house was on the outskirts of town and he hardly stayed there, so it was deemed the safest place.

Kendall sat on the couch, knees tucked to her chest as she stared at the black screen of the TV. The boys were in the kitchen, talking in hushed whispers. 

"Do you think she knows it's not on?" Brandon whispered.

"No shit," Zach said as he punched his shoulder. 

With Brandon rubbing his arm, Jesse rolled his eyes. "We've got to figure out a game plan. With tour coming soon, its obvious we have to take her with us."

None of them were opposed to the idea, except for Brandon muttering something about loud tour bus sex but none of them payed attention to him.

"Y'know, she's been like that ever since she got that phone call yesterday," Mikey said as they all turned their attention to her. 

"I decided not to ask, since she didn't bring it up," Zach replied. 

"It was probably just her landlord or something, asking why she hadn't been to her loft in a few day," Jesse said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 Zach shrugged and decided to leave the kitchen and take Kendall to bed after watching her nod off for the past couple minutes. 

He sat next to her and pulled one of her hands from her chest, wrapping both of his hands around hers. 

"Do you want to go to bed?"

Kendall shifted her gaze over to Zach and nodded slowly. He gripped her hand and pulled her off the couch, leading her to the spare bedroom. He sat on the bed as Kendall picked out her nightclothes and went to the bathroom to change. 

He didn't know what to do, for all the times she's been hurting he had never been around, and now that he was, he was at a loss. He didn't even know if they were all in immediate danger or if that Noah guy just wanted to scare them. He knew that going on tour would make them an easy target, but they had security, and he would always have an eye on Kendall. He'd rather have that than have her stay home without him. 

She resurfaced from the bathroom, face clean of make up, and lain herself on the bed. He turned and watched her as she turned her body away from him. 

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Zach frowned. 

Kendall shrugged her shoulders as she turned onto her back and looked at him. He pulled back the duvet and sat against the pillows, waiting for her to come to him. He didn't want to force her to come to him if he didn't want to.  

Moments later, she moved over so her head was on his abdomen and wrapped her arms around him. He stroked her hair as she sighed and closed her eyes. 

"My dad died."

Zach's hand ceased its movements as he looked down at her. If it wasn't for her uneven breathing, he would've thought she was sleeping.

"My mom was who called the other day and told me."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Zach asked as he ran his hand up and down her back. 

"If I told you guys, that would mean it was real," her voice wavered as she sat up and put her face in his chest. 

"I just saw him, I talked to him and even though he's been in a coma he squeezed my hand. I thought he was going to wake up, my mother and I both saw it as a sign."

Zach pursed his lips as he moved her so she was sitting on his lap, her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder. 

"We all loved Gianni," he whispered as she sniffed. "He's finally in a good place, away from all the wires and the needles."

"He's been gone for years, I was just too selfish to accept it," Kendall said quietly.

Zach turned and kissed her temple. "Love makes us all selfish, doesn't it?"

Kendall chuckled as she played with the ends of his hair. 

"Isn't that the truth?"

'&'

So this is as far as I got into the next chapter, and all I can say is that I feel as if this story is going downhill, and fast. I hope you all are not mad that I am posting this snippet, I just don't want to delete it, and I figured I'd give one last Zach and Kendall moment. I simply don't think it's worth it to continue writing it when I honestly have no plans for this story and I have no idea what to do with it. I am going to turn to writing stories based off an already existing plot line. If any of you know of the book series The Infernal Devices, I am planning to make a new story based off of that with an OCxJem. It's going to be called, 'ignis aurum probat' and will be posted on my fanfiction.net account.  Maybe if I get a thought somewhere down the line, I may pick up where I left off, but I am sad to say that as of now, One Love, Two Mouths has been discontinued. 

I love you all, my very loyal fans, who have waited nearly four months for an update, to have me only let you down.

i'm sorry 

megan