Chapter 7- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

One Love, Two Mouths –A Zachary Abels Story

Chapter 7- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

‘&’

                Kendall had reluctantly gotten out of the bathtub once she realized her finger tips resembled prunes.  She had gotten into her favorite pajamas and snuggled into bed that night with a smile on her face. She had somehow patched the gaping hole between her and Zach and everything seemed almost perfect. Almost.

                It was currently 2:43 pm and Kendall was sitting on the couch, watching TV with a cup of coffee in one and the remote in the other. Her phone was on the coffee table in front of her. She was so engrossed in the program playing that she almost missed the fact that her phone was vibration. She paused the TV and answered her phone, annoyance clear in her voice.           

                “What?” she snapped as she pressed answer on her phone. She really wanted to know how the love triangle would be sorted out on the show.

                “Go to a party with us tonight,” her best friend’s voice responded, not fazed at the tone of Kendall’s voice.

                “Define us,” Kendall said as she leaned back into the couch.

                “Me and the band.”

                Kendall rubbed her neck. “Is Zach considered part of the band again?”

                She could literally see the smirk on Jesse’s face as he replied to her question. “Absolutely. He’s our biggest party animal. I think you would know.”

                Her face turned red at the thought of the previous parties she had attended as Zach’s plus one. Lots of drinking, body shots, dancing, and crazy rough sex.

                “When?”

                Jesse laughed. “That’s my girl. I’ll pick you up around 8, cool?”

                Kendall smiled. “Cool,” she replied hung up. She was excited for this party tonight. She hadn’t been to one in ages and her legs were aching to dance, her throat begging for the burn of booze. She wasn’t sure what she was going to wear, but she would figure it out.

   ‘&’

Jesse knocked on her front door at seven- thirty, something was telling him Kendall wasn’t prepared for the party. He realized no one was coming to the door and he let himself in the house. He walked back to Kendall’s room to find her in skinny jeans and a crew neck.

“That’s not proper party attire,” he scolded as Kendall ran her hands through her hair.

“I’m not in the mood to dress slutty tonight.”

Jesse helped himself into her closet and pulled out a pair of skin tight leggings and a tight tank top. He threw the clothes at her and smiled. “Sexy, but not quite slutty.”

Kendall rolled her eyes and grabbed the clothes. “What if, hypothetically, I didn’t go to this party?”

“Hypothetically,” Jesse said, pushing her towards the bathroom, “that wouldn’t happen cause your best pal Jesse would make you go whether you were willing or not.”

She sighed as she stumbled into the bathroom and slowly put on the clothes. They weren’t exactly uncomfortable but they weren’t comfortable either. She ran a hand through her hair and applied makeup before exiting the bathroom.

“Let’s get this over with,” Kendall said as she grabbed her purse and walked out of the front door, Jesse trailing behind her and locking the door once they were both out.

‘&’

The house was shaking and she could feel the beat of the music underneath her feet as she walked up the sidewalk to the house. She wasn’t too fond of house parties, but Jesse didn’t give her a choice so she reluctantly walked into the house and searched for the kitchen. After she found it, she grabbed a shot and downed it before walking out into the living room.

A mass of sweaty bodies and red solo cups were scattered amongst the large room. She searched the crowd for a familiar face- a certain familiar face with a nose ring to be exact. She found Zach on the dance floor, which was actually just a rug trailing his hands up and down some girl’s body. She could see him biting her neck and whispering in her ear, just like what he used to do to her. She rolled her eyes and walked back into the kitchen; taking a cup from the counter and downing the contents in one go.

I should not have agreed to come here, she thought as she wiped her mouth. But since I’m here, I might as well enjoy myself too.

___________________________________

Sorry for the late update! You all probably hate me and I totally understand but here’s a really short chapter for you guys! I’ll be trying to update on every day except Mondays and Wednesdays because I have volleyball practice those nights and I might have tournaments over the weekends so bear with me! I love you guys and your feedback and votes keep me going. J