Chapter 3- Secret boys in Secret Rooms.

One Love, Two Mouths - A Zachary Abels Story

Chapter 3- Secret Boys in Secret Rooms

'&'

Kendall quickly raced into her room, slamming the door shut behind her. She didn't want to face him, didn't want to see his stupid beautiful face. She sat furthest away from the door in the corner of the wall. She brought her knees up to her chest, silently counting the seconds until Zach burst through the room.

She had counted to sixty two before a soft knock broke the silence throughout the room.

"Kendall?" he croaked as he slowly opened the door and stuck his head in. He momentarily closed his eyes and took a deep breath before entering his full body into the room, closing the door softly behind him.

Kendall changed her legs so they were Indian style and she stared down intently at her lap, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"You have to talk to me, kennel."

Kendall winced at what he called her. He hadn't called her that in years, and she didn't want to think about the times that he did.

"What?" she whispered as she played with her thumbs, sniffing softly.

Zach sighed as he made his way toward the wall and sat down beside her, his long legs stretched out in front of them.

She looked up from her lap and caught Zach's eyes. They were outlined in a soft pink and puffy, like he had just gotten done crying.

They looked like her eyes, swollen and sad.

"I'm sorry."

She rolled her eyes as she tugged her sleeves over her hands and wiped at her eyelids.

"You should know by now that sorry doesn't mean shit to me," she said as she turned her head towards him.

"I know, I just don't know what else to say."

"If you don't know what else to say," Kendall said as she narrowed her eyes. "The door is that way," she pointed.

Zach put his head in his hands and quiet sobs filled the rooms. Guilt filled her gut. She'd only seen him cry a handful of times, and it broke her heart knowing she was the reason.

"I'm fucking trying, okay?" His voice cracked as he looked up at the ceiling.

"You stopped trying a long time ago," she muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Zach stood up and pulled Kendall up along with him. He took her wrists in her hands and backed her up against the wall. He dropped his head on her shoulder.

"You don't even know what happened," he whispered as he took another shaky breath.

"Get off me," she mumbled as she struggled against him. They were roughly the same height, Zach possibly being an inch or two taller.

Zach grazed his lips over the side of her neck. "Remember how I made you feel?"

She involuntarily moaned as he kissed the under her ear lobe.

"Remember when I made you squirm and beg for more?" His face was now dangerously close to hers, too close for comfort.

"Stop," she whispered as she looked down. He planted soft kisses along her jawline, cheeks, nose, until he came to her lips.

"You don't want me to," he said.

And with that said, she crashed her lips into his, tangling her hands through his hair as he grasped her bottom tightly, picking her up and shoving her against the wall once more as her legs wrapped around his waist. He licked her bottom lip and she obliged and opened her mouth, deepening their kiss and he grinded into her, making her bite his lip.

And just like that, they did what they did on the night of their six month anniversary, and unlike that night, Kendall wasn't scared of him leaving her. No matter what she couldn't shake this boy and she didn't want to.

He was hers and she was his, whether they were together or not.

__________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, light shone through the curtains and made their way onto Zach, illuminating his face, making him look like he had a halo. Kendall stirred and snuggled into his chest, her body was on fire with his touch. She had gone too long without waking up in the morning and seeing Zach on the opposite side of the bed, his lips parted as soft snores echoed through his lips.

She didn't regret last night. She wasn't drunk; she didn't even try to block it out. She remembered every little thing that happened that night. The bedroom air becoming hot, the sheets tangled between them, the long nail marks down Zach's back, everything.

She felt Zach shift and she released herself from his grasp and sat up, waiting for his eyelids to flutter and for him to wake up.

A few moments later he groaned quietly and rubbed at his eyes, opening them and squinting up at Kendall. He had thought the whole night was a dream. He never thought it would actually happen again.

“Morning,” she whispered as she played with the hem of her tee shirt. She was surprised she didn’t wake up naked and that she at least had the decency to put on a shirt and some underwear. Zach’s perfectly toned body was in tight boxer/briefs and she could see them riding low on his hips, his v line perfectly visible.

“Hey,” he replied, his voice raspy. Kendall sucked in a breath. She forgot how attractive his morning voice was.

“How did you sleep?” She asked, her eyes traveling to the ceiling. She could feel his eyes scanning her body and it made her slightly on edge.

“Good. I forgot how great it was to sleep with you in my arms.”

Kendall blushed as she ran a hand through her hair. Even though she didn’t want to admit it, she missed sleeping with him, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist, their legs tangled within the sheets, his hot breath on her neck; she would do anything to have it back.

He smiled at her as he bit his lower lip. He forgot how cute she looked with messy hair.

“I should probably take a shower,” Kendall said as she got up from the bed and walked out into the hallway.

As soon as she was out of the room, she turned around and quietly closed the door; a soft click echoing throughout the hallway.

“What do you think you’re doing?” A voice said from behind her.

Kendall jumped and turned around to see Jensen with a mug full of hot coffee in her hands, and a stupid little smirk on her face.

“N-Nothing. I’m getting ready to shower.”

Jensen rolled her eyes as she opened the hall closet and threw Kendall a towel.

“Whatever, loser. Tell Zach I said hey when you get out.”

Kendall’s face flushed as Jensen laughed and walked away from her little sister.

Kendall bit her lip and she made her way into the bathroom.  Where do she and Zach stand? Are they together again? Or was it just a one night stand and they’ll go back to avoiding each other?  She really hoped it wasn’t the latter as she undressed herself and stepped into the shower, letting the water rinse away the doubt she had about him.

So sorry for the late update! I’ve been so busy this week ‘cause my crush asked me out Wednesday and I went to the high school football game last night and we held hands and I totally forgot to post this! I hope you all liked it!