Chapter 18 - Crash and Burn

One Love, Two Mouths – A Zachary Abels Story

Chapter 18 – Crash and Burn

And you said, “baby you're the only one, I promise I'll do better. even when it all gets rough I'll hold us together” – devon baldwin

‘&’

                Going to IKEA alone was probably what she should’ve done in the first place. Kendall had finally ordered all her furniture and was sitting on the wood floor in her loft, soaking in the excitement of having it all be delivered at the end of the week.

                The guys had gone home after the Walmart trip and she still had a couple hours of daylight to use so she took advantage of them.

                Her bank account was nearly blown and as she sat on the floor with her take-out, she dreaded the fact that she would have to get a job soon. She couldn’t mooch off her parents for much longer. She knew her Dad’s hospital bills were expensive and was slightly curious as to how her mother was doing financially.

                It hadn’t even been a full twenty-four hours and Zach was already on her mind again. He seemed at ease shopping with her today. It seemed like he enjoyed it and that confused her.

                He hated shopping.

                She let her mind run wild as she ate her take-out until a loud knock sounded and knocked her out of her reverie.

                “C-Coming!” she yelled- slightly off guard- as she placed her box of food on the counter and unlocked the door. She swung it open to reveal Noah in all his rugged glory. No man should be able to look that good in flannel.

                Noah possessed a lot of things Zach didn’t. Where Zach was lanky, Noah was very broad and, for lack of a better word, hard. He certainly filled out a v neck nicely as they hung pretty baggy on Zach.

                But Zach had Kendall under a spell, and Noah could not compete with that.

                He looked her up and down – obviously enjoying her t-shirt and short short clad body.

                “Can I help you?” she questioned as she moved out of the doorway, letting him walk in. He looked around the loft for a few moments until his eyes finally settled on her. He took two long strides to her small frame and gripped her face between his two hands.

                “You can,” he whispered in her ear. With no hesitation he crashed his lips onto hers and she squealed.

“What are you doing?” she yelled when she was finally able to push him away. He gave her a confused look.

                “Kissing you…?”

                “Don’t do that,” she said as she stepped away from him.

“Why not?”

Kendall wrapper her arms around herself and looked at the floor. She had never used somebody before, and she never expected Noah to come back. Could he not tell that what they shared was a one-time thing?

He rolled his eyes. “It’s your ex, isn’t it? That Abels asshole?”

She furrowed her eyebrows. She never told him Zach’s name.

Noah laughed bitterly. “Your boyfriends famous. I used to like the band actually. I’ve seen you on his arm, Kendall Fairwood. I automatically knew it was you.”