Chapter 5- Food Poisoning

One Love, Two Mouths – A Zachary Abels Story

Chapter 5 – Food Poisoning

‘&’

“Zach,” she gasped.  

Zach disregarded Kendall and walked, no, stomped up to Austin. He grabbed a fist full of his shirt and brought Austin’s face level with his. Austin was a few inches taller than him so the sight was mildly entertaining. She probably would’ve laughed if this hadn’t have been such a serious moment. She hoped Zach didn’t do something drastic- or stupid.

“Who are you?” Austin said. His voice was strong and he didn’t seem scared of Zach.

“I could ask you the same thing. You are at my girl’s house,” Zach snapped, his fish becoming tighter. Kendall’s breath hitched.

“Your girl? Kendall what is he saying?”

Kendall froze and her mouth would not form words. She tried but all that came out was incoherent.

“Yeah, my girl,” Zach narrowed his eyes. “I suggest you leave before I make you.”

Kendall’s heart dropped as Austin looked at her with a hurt expression. “You never told me.”

“I-I,” Kendall stuttered. She felt bile rise in her throat and she squeezed her eyes shut. She couldn’t look at him. She wanted to tell him nothing was going on between her and Zach but she couldn’t.

“I’m going to go,” Austin whispered as he retreated to his car and sped off.

“What the fuck was that, Kendall?” Zach shouted as he approached Kendall. She flinched and took a step back. Zach stopped abruptly and his gaze softened.

“What are you doing here? You left me,” Kendall tried to sound strong and confident but her voice broke at the end of her sentence. “I’m not your girl either.”

Zach ran his hand through his hair. “We had sex that night. I wanted you back and I know you wanted me too. So yeah, you are my girl.”

Kendall scoffed. “You got me when I was emotionally vulnerable. You fucked me and left the first chance you got. That meant nothing, Zach. Absolutely nothing.”

Zach tried to show that her words didn’t affect him but she saw something flash in his eyes.

“You-you left me. We were going so great. We were in love and reckless and I loved every second of it but you just- left. I was broken Zach and I know you knew that. You ended things abruptly and I was left for months wondering what the hell I did wrong. Was I not good enough? Am I not pretty enough for your reputati-“

“You are fucking gorgeous. You know that wasn’t the reason,” Zach interrupted her as he messed with the sleeves of his jacket.

“Then what was it?”

Zach coughed. He couldn’t tell her. She wasn’t ready. He was such a fuck-up and he didn’t want her to think any less of him than he already did.

Kendall rolled her eyes and walked towards the house. Zach followed behind her and pinned her up against the front door to keep her in place.

“Let me go,” she said through her teeth. Their faces were mere inches apart, if she just leaned a little bit closer…

“No. I’ve let you go once and I don’t intend to again.”

Normally her heart would’ve melted at his choice of words but she was pissed.

She kissed his neck and instantly found that sweet spot of his.