One

Previously on Him

"Who was that? Your boyfriend?" He asked. "Yeah." I smiled. "What's his name?" He asked me, still unpacking. "Calum." I answered. He nodded.

This is going to be a long year or years.

This story will be in 3rd person point of view. It may be every other chapter that it'll be like Luke's POV it may not.

After Luke left to California, Calum he didn't know what to do. His life was Luke and now that he is gone he doesn't know what his life is. Michael and Ashton both spoke to Luke's dad, while he was there. There was no way Luke could come back. He would have to wait until Luke finished college. Calum was the impatient type. They promised to Skype everyday. It's been a few days since he left. Calum decided to leave and just Skype Luke at their house.

It was ringing and ringing, until Luke answered.

Calum missed his face. "Hi baby." Calum greeted. "Hey Cal." He smiled. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I-I just had another nightmare and when I woke up you weren't there to calm me down." He said. Calum instantly felt bad. He didn't know how to respond to that. "But, I don't want you to feel bad because it's not your fault." He said. "I just wish I was there with you." Calum said, showing sympathy in his eyes. "I know. I want you here. Look, I got to go. I start class today. I'll talk to you later. I love you." Luke smiled. "I love you too baby." Calum smiled hanging up.

Calum was thinking maybe he should apply for a college. Just to get his mind off of everything that happened. So that's what Calum did. He applied for a college. He just hopes they don't judge him based on his looks. Now that Luke was gone, he was the only person who didn't judge him, along with his mum, everyone else judged him and he hated that. Calum didn't know anything about Luke's college or schedule, so he didn't know when it was okay for him to text Luke. So he just waited ever so happily for him to text.

One thing Calum does, is he always thinks of the negative things that could happen. What if Luke is cheating on me? What if he gets hurt? What if he forgets about me? What if he finds someone better? That's the thing in life, so many what ifs. Soon, Luke texted him telling that he could Skype. So he did.

"Hey babe! How was class?" Calum asked, eager to hear about his day. "Honestly, it was very stressful. I could hear people making fun of me of how I dress and I hated it." Luke spoke, frowning. "I wish I could do something about it babe." Calum frowned. "It's alright. I guess I have to get used to it." Luke shrugged through the computer. "Guess what!" Calum exclaimed. "What?" "I applied for a college." He smiled. "That's great Cal." Luke smiled. "Calum, what if college and life becomes too stressful for us and we can't make this work." Luke said. "Make what work?" Calum asked. "Us. What if we forget about each other." "Babe, it won't be stressful. We got through other stuff we can surely get through this." He smiled.

Luke sighed. "I need to start my homework. I'll talk to you later. I love you." Luke smiled. "I love you too babe." Calum smiled as well and hung up.

Luke sighed, thinking it won't work out because life is stressful right now, but maybe they will pull through. "Was that your boyfriend?" Zach asked. Luke nodded. "He sounds delightful." He smiled. "He is." Luke grinned.

-

Luke smiled to himself finally finishing his homework. He decided to explore the campus. He went outside and just walking around. Just wandering around sometimes he would look down at his phone to text Calum, until he bumped into someone. He was always clumsy, sometimes he hated it. "Oh I'm sorry." Luke apologized. He looked up and Luke thought he was very handsome, with his emerald eyes, black hair, which he pushed back. "It's alright, mate." He said in a thick British accent. "I'm Edward." He greeted. "I'm Luke." He smiled shaking his hand. "So since you have an accent as well, I assume you're not from here." Edward chuckled. "Uh yeah, I'm from Australia." Luke spoke. "What is an Aussie doing all the way here in California?" He asked. "Well, it's kinda a long story." Luke said to him. "I have time." Edward simply said.

"My dad didn't approve of my boyfriend Calum, he said I disobeyed him a lot of times. He tried breaking us up so he send me here." Luke says, covering all what happened. "Oh. I'm sorry." He said. "It's alright." He shrugs. "So you and your boyfriend, the whole long distance relationship working out?" He asked. "Well yeah, so far. Why?" Luke asked him, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Well, I had a long distance relationship before; his name was William. He went to a different college in this state, and everything became more stressful. Then we decided it was best for us to take a break. We still talk, just don't have a lot of time for it." Edward tells Luke. What if it's going to be the same way with me and Calum? Luke thought. I just scared myself. Luke said to himself. "But I'm sure you and your boyfriend will be just fine." He reassured. Luke nodded. Edward had to go back to his dorm because he didn't he start his homework so Luke went back to his. I wonder what grade Harry was in, Luke wondered. This is probably his first year considering he was exploring the campus. Then, Luke forgot to text Calum back! He texted him an 'I'm sorry got caught up with homework.' Luke instantly felt bad for lying but he didn't want him to think that Luke will dump him for Edward even though Edward is truly mesmerizing.

Calum replied with an 'okay :)' Soon Luke's roommate came back in. "How was your day?" He asked Luke. "It's was great. I met a nice lad named Edward." Luke smiled. "Edward? Emerald eyes, black hair, which he pushes back?" His roommate asked. "Yeah... that's him." Luke said. "Just be careful. He can be very intimidating. You don't know what he's capable of. He likes roaming the campus for new freshman like you." Zach warned Luke. So Luke knew this wasn't his first year here. Luke nodded,"Don't worry I'll be careful." "Be extra careful." Luke nodded. Should I tell Calum about this?

Before you know it I'm calling him on Skype. "Babe, what's wrong?" Calum asked. "Nothing, there's this guy I bumped into today and my roommate said that we don't know what he's capable of and now I'm scared." Luke tells him. "Baby, I wish I was there with you right now. What's his name?" Calum asked. "Edward." Luke said. Calum's eyes went wide. "E-Edward? Emerald eyes? D-does he have black hair, which he pushes it back?" Calum asked. "Uhh y-yeah." Luke answered. "Uh, babe, I got to go. Don't talk to him anymore." Calum said. "Okay I won't. I love you." Luke said. "I love you too babe." Then Calum hung up.

That was very weird, especially for Calum. Now this was scaring Luke really bad. Luke was going to listen to Calum. He wasn't going to talk to him anymore. Luke decided to ignore the weirdness of today so he took a nice calm releasing shower and went to bed.