Sixteen

Calum was shocked, yet mad that his dad had the nerve to show up. "Dad, what are you doing here?" Luke asked. "I wanted to see you and I wanted to say I was sorry about everything back in Australia." He spoke. "Yeah right. You're probably trying to gain his trust so you can do it again." Calum spoke up. "No, I'm a changed man, I swear." His dad says. "How do I know that you've changed?" Luke asked. "I'll prove it to you. Give me a week to see that I really have changed." His dad says. "Too bad, you can leave, Luke will not forgive you ever." Calum said grabbing his wrist. "Well, he's my son, I have the legal right to do so." His dad pulled his other wrist. "You're not taking him away. He wouldn't want to go with you anyway, you abused him." Calum said. His dad let go making Luke stumbled over by Calum. Luckily, Calum caught him until Luke regained his balance. Luke really didn't know what to say at this point. So, Calum spoke for him. "No, you hurt him a lot, let's not forget that." Calum barged in. "Yeah and so did you." His dad fought back. "At least I didn't pay a cop to rape him!" Calum began to shout. "Let's not forget who broke his heart repeatedly over and over!" Luke's dad yelled. Luke began to feel so humiliated, then talking about things he didn't want to relive.

"You didn't even give two shits about him when he was kidnapped!" Calum practically screamed. "Not my fault you cheated on him while he was gone!" Luke had already knew this, but it still hurts to hear it. "At least I didn't make him cut himself!" His dad smirked knowing he won the argument. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Luke screamed, having enough of them fighting, it was like both Luke's parents fighting before his mum left. He hated it. "Okay! We get it, you both made huge mistakes! But, you guys screaming it out loud isn't making it better. You know I'm ashamed of all those things, some of which you didn't know of. I feel so humiliated. Both from people I shouldn't feel humiliated from! Stop yelling, stop fighting! Dad, you bringing these things up again tells me you haven't changed and you won't. You should know these things are things I don't like talking about! So please leave right now!" Luke screamed.

His dad didn't say anything, both shocked from his outburst, then he left. "Calum, you know I'm so ashamed of these things, why would you want to say those things just to fight with my dad?" Luke looked at him. "I-I don't know Luke, I wasn't thinking." Calum said truthfully. "I'm sorry Luke. I really am." Calum apologized. "I don't know if I can forgive you because you and my dad just reminded me of when I was little. My mum and dad were fighting, like always. I hated it so much because thats not what families do. I think that's why my mum left us." Luke said, almost crying. Calum brought him into a hug and sometimes that's all someone needs. Calum didn't ask for forgiveness because Luke was in a state that he just wanted to be left alone. So Calum left him alone.

Luke separated from their hug sniffling and wiping his nose with a tissue. "I'm sorry Luke, I should've known that those were sensitive topics for you." Calum apologized. "It's fine, it's in the past. I just don't want to relive them anymore. My nightmares have gone away I don't want them back." Luke said. "So you forgive me?" Calum asked with a bashful smile. "Yeah." Luke sighed, being tired of crying over the same things over and over. "Let me make it up to you." Calum demanded. "How?" Luke asked. "Wanna go skinny dipping?" Calum asked with a cheeky smile. A smile grew on Luke's face right before he nodded.

This time, Calum got caught so he had to pay for the items. Luke didn't mind, he stayed in the car alone, just thinking. "Sorry I took long babe, got caught." Calum chuckled. "It's fine." Luke smiled. Soon they were at the lake. Every time Luke wants to do skinny dipping he's okay with it, in his head, but when it really happens he has a change of heart. "Come on babe, I thought you wanted to do this." Calum said. "I-I did, but—" Calum interrupted Luke. "But what?" Calum said. "I-I don't know." Luke shrugged. Luke went back in the car when he saw Calum had been drinking. Not enough for him not to drive obviously, but he had. Why didn't Calum tell Luke. "Calum, have you been drinking?" Luke asked. "Yeah, I have. I'm sorry babe. Truth is, homework isn't as easy as I make it seem. I get help sometimes when it's really hard and I don't understand it. It gets stressful. So I turned to alcohol. I understand that there are better ways to solve it, but I choose it and I am not changing my decision." Calum said. "You know how I feel about this." Luke said implying to the beer.

"I know, so let me see it. You're being really uptight about this." Calum scoffed. "So you're going to drink right in front of me?" Luke asked. "Yep." Calum said opening a beer bottle and chugging it down. Luke scoffed and rolled his eyes, annoyed. He went back in the car. Luke is so upset. After about 30 minutes Calum had drank all 4. He was drunk. It was so obvious. Luke wanted to leave so he went out the car and tried to get Calum. "C'mon Calum, we're leaving." Luke said, tugging Calum's wrist. "You're such a buzzkill." Calum obnoxiously laughed. "Yeah yeah, I know." Luke said not letting go of Calum's wrist. "Would you quit holding on to me!" Calum gave Luke a "little" shove, which caused him to fall to the ground. Luke went to hit him, but Calum caught him. "You really wanna do that princess?" Calum said. Luke glared at him. Calum kept his grip on both of his wrist. "Let go Calum!" Luke squirmed. "Who's gonna make me?!" He shouted. Calum's grip kept getting tighter and tighter. Luke felt a tear roll down his cheek. Once Calum let go Luke slapped him and went back to the car. "Find your own way back!" Luke screamed at his boyfriend angrily.

Luke went back to his dorm not caring if people looked at him and tried asking what was wrong. He kept ignoring them and went up to his room. "Hey Luke what's wrong?" Zach asked. "N-nothing." Luke mumbled. Luke is that type of cryer that if someone tries to ask if he's okay instead of answering he'll end up bursting into tears. So he stays quiet instead. He then fell asleep.

Luckily, for Calum the lake wasn't far from their college. Reckon, he was still drunk and he didn't acknowledge what had happened right away he knew he fucked up and he fucked up bad. He didn't know where to go besides the dorm because he knew Luke was there. He didn't want to face Luke, but he knew he had to. It took about 40 more minutes of walking and Calum had arrived. He went up to his dorm. "What did you do Calum?!" Zach asked. Calum was still drunk, but not as much as before. "I fucked up that's what I did and I want to be left alone right now please." Calum said. Zach left it at that. Calum had no idea on what to say when Luke woke up. Calum didn't know if Luke would forgive him this time. He wanted to wake Luke up and say how sorry he is and how much he fucked up, but Calum caused him enough tears so he let him be. Calum then fell asleep trying to think of what to say.