Twenty Six

"Next time you have that attitude I won't hesitate to hurt you again." Dustin spat at Luke. Luke was on his break and Dustin was there again. Luke may have called him a douchebag and that he was a manwhore. So when Luke was on his break Dustin told him that he wanted to 'talk' and that lead Luke having a black eye and Dustin having a busted lip. Luke is feisty, he can put up a heck of a fight.

Ashley saw and sent Luke home. Luke tried protesting but Ashley wouldn't budge. Luke sighed and went in Calum's car, well, his car now. Dustin called him some pretty nasty things again. Luke tried to think of what Calum said and not to think of it, but he couldn't do it. Sadly, he let the tears fall and he tried wiping it which, made his eye hurt more since he put pressure on it. He winced in pain. Then, Calum FaceTimed him. He felt scared because he wanted Calum to call so he wouldn't see his eye, but facetiming is their thing. So, he couldn't really stop that.

"Hey babe—and what the fuck happened to your eye!" His mood instantly changer from excited to pure anger. Luke flinched at his tone. "I-I-uh-well." Luke started, but couldn't finish. "Who the fuck did this too?!" Calum shouted even louder. "B-babe calm down. I-it's not that big of a deal." Luke said in a soft voice. "I will not fucking calm down! Someone hurt my boyfriend! When I find out who it is they're dead!" Calum practically scream through the phone. "P-please don't yell." Luke whimpered trying not to cry.

"Who did this?!" Calum was more angry than ever. "D-Dustin." Luke mumbled. "Ohh." Calum longed the word. "When I get there that—" Calum didn't get to finish because Luke hung up not wanting to go on because if he was being honest Calum really scary when he was very anger and Calum was more than angry. Now Calum was very furious. He called Luke back and Luke answered nervously and hands all clammy. "Luke why the hell would you fucking hang up on me?!! I'm so mad right now this it not the time!" Calum said some more stuff, but that stuff is rated r. Even for Luke.

"Stop!" Luke yelled gaining Calum's attention. "I-I didn't want you to get mad like you just did. I don't like it 'cause you scare me and I don't like being yelled at." Luke admitted. "I-I do?" Calum asked, shocked and sort of disappointed in himself. "Mmhmm." Luke said ever so softly and gave Calum those innocent eyes. "I-I..." Calum was lost with his words. Luke sighed. They were quiet for a while and Luke took this opportunity to just go to his dorm because he doesn't have work. After 15 minutes Luke was there and Calum began talking. Calum was so speechless snd put Luke on mute so he didn't hear his yelling and cries.

Calum was still yelling. Luke didn't know though because it was still on mute, but when Calum took him off mute Luke put the pieces together and sighed again because he didn't want him to be so stressed over Luke. "Babe, I-I..." Calum gulped feeling the lump in his throat. "I'm so sorry that I yelled at you. I was just mad because Dustin hurt you. I-If..." Calum's voice trembled as he took a pause. "I-If I wouldn't have came back here this wouldn't have happened. It's my fault." Calum apologized. "Calum. Not everything is your fault." Luke protested. "Yes it is. I'm such a fuck up." "No babe, it's not. Sometimes I mess up too. You cannot blame yourself for everything." Luke said. "But—" Luke shushed him.

"Calum, I don't want to start an argument. So tell me about your day." Luke said, changing the topic. "Well... I got two new tattoos." Calum smiled. "Really? Lemme see." Luke exclaimed. Calum took off his shirt and showed him. "Those are beautiful Calum. I love them." Luke smiled. "Well, one of them is for you." Calum admitted, blushing timidly. "Which one?" Luke asked, biting his lip. "This one." Calum pointed to the one by his heart that said 'you're just a little bit out of my limit.' Luke didn't want to ask what it meant, at least not right now. "It's beautiful and so thoughtful I love it." Luke gave a wide grin.

"But there's something else..." Calum said nervously. Calum was hesitant to tell Luke. No one knew this. And I mean NO ONE. "Yeah, what is it?" Luke asked, he was kind of scared for the answer too. "I-I went to this party before I got my tattoos." Calum said biting his lip, not meet Luke's disappointed gaze. "Oh Calum... tell me you didn't." Luke said. Luke's patience for Calum has been incredible, but there's always that one day where they just...break. Today may have been the day.