Twenty Seven

Calum was broken-hearted, but he knew he needed to be with someone who said good things about him and not horrible things. He just hopes that Luke is having a rough time like him. It was 11 pm, and he was at a club. He tried getting his mind off of Luke, but sadly he couldn't do it. But, this chick came up to him and started kissing him. Calum didn't stop her. They kept doing it until they couldn't breathe. They were both a panting mess. "Wanna take this to my house?" Calum smirked. She bit her lip and nodes.

-

They arrived at Calum's house and Calum now knew her name was Leila. His mum wasn't home and since Calum didn't come back in time, Mali was at a relatives house. She instantly pushed her lips to his. "Jump." He mumbled against her lips. She did as told and she wrapped her legs around his waist and Calum took her to his bed, but he had to stop and readjust his grip, but what Calum didn't know that he forgot his laptop was touch screen so when he was adjusting he accidentally pressed skype and called Luke. Well, it was mainly Leila since she was sitting on the desk, but they both didn't know that.

Calum continued to kiss her. He laid her on the bed. Luke answered thinking Calum wanted to talk things out. Luke thought Calum would let him give an explanation, but Luke was wrong. He was Calum kiss that girl and take their shirts off. Luke gaped in hurt. He was so embarrassed that he could think that Calum would give him an explanation. Good thing Luke hung up before they actually 'did it.'

-

Calum ended up bailing on her. He couldn't get Luke out of his mind. It felt so wrong when he was with her. He liked it better when he was with Luke. Much better. Calum sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He really wanted Luke back. He texted him.

Me:Luke I am so sorry about our fight. Well, you should be sorry too, but I need you back in my life. I miss you.

-

Two fucking weeks. Calum thinks Luke has been ignoring him, but what really happened was Luke's phone broke and he hasn't had time to get another one yet. Calum didn't know that though. So, he tried again.

Me:Please don't ignore me Luke. I want to talk this through. Please💔😿

Luke didn't answer. Calum cried and cried and cried. He kept thinking the worst. What if something horrible happened? What if he's in the hospital? "Stop it Calum. He's fine and okay." Calum told himself. Calum didn't really expect Luke to answer because he is the one that called off their relationship, but Calum still had hope. Lots of it. Calum wanted to go fly over there but the ticket was almost 2 thousand dollars and he didn't have that kind of money lying around. He went on his laptop and saw that Skype was on the screen. And he looked at the recent Skype's and saw Luke was the first one. Oh no. Calum thought. The time was around when he had Leila over. Shit. No wonder Luke wasn't answering me. Calum thought. At that point Calum realized he was a bigger fuck up than he thought he was. He had to get Luke back, but he didn't know how. But, Calum also thinks that Luke should be the one to apologize.

He wonders if Luke is happier without him, because Calum is no where near happy without him. Calum sighed sadly and just laid down staring at the ceiling.

"Calwum?" Mali came in with the bruise still there, but going away slowly. "Yes." He looked at her. "Why are you so sad?" She asked so sweetly and innocently. Calum picked her up and placed her on his bed facing him. "Is it about Luke?" She asked. "Why do you say that?" He asked her. "You haven't talked to him in forever." Mali said longing the 'forever.' Calum chuckled. "It's complicated." Calum said, Mali had a blank stare on her face. "Let's just say, me and Luke don't love each other anymore." Calum admitted even though it was a lie, but not completely because he thought Luke didn't love him anymore since he never texted back, so he needs to do the same.

Suddenly, Mali embraced him in a hug. Calum hugged back. "Don't worry. You have me." She smiled. "Okay, thanks Mali." Calum smiled and kissed her forehead. "Too bad for Luke cuz you give good kisses to the forehead." Mali smiled. Calum just laughed. Mali then left and Calum found himself crying at all their memories. "Hey cal." His mum knocked. Calum quickly wiped the tears and hoped his mum wouldn't notice and she didn't.

"Mali told me what you said to her about you and Luke. Wanna talk about it?" She asked. He should've known Mali would've snitched, not that he could blame her. She two. "Well, I guess it all started out with me break our promises and I promised him I wouldn't get drunk again and I did. That lead us to him admitting he thinks I'm a manwhore and an alcoholic. So we broke up." Calum quickened the explanation not wanting to talk about it. "Oh honey I'm sorry. But, he should be the one to apologize not you. Has he tried contacting you?" She asked. "No." He mumbled. "Then don't talk to him. Just wait for him." His mum told him. "If it helps get a journal or just a piece of paper and write down what you're feeling. Okay so I need to go to work now please watch Mali. Or just bring her in here to watch tv or something. Keep what I said in mind. Love you Calum. See you soon." His mum kissed his head and left. Soon, Mali came in.

He did what his mum told him to do. He didn't really know how to start so he just wrote down his feelings in a journal he never used so he took the opportunity to use it. He dated it so he can remember how long it took him to get over Luke.

                                   March 13, 2016
Heart-Broken
Betrayed
Hurt
Empty
Angry
Sad
Lost

I'm heartbroken Luke and I broke up. I would say it was both of our faults, but that doesn't matter now. Words were said, though I wished nothing was said. I regretted everything in our last conversation and I can tell he did too. I'm just so broken-hearted that we didn't last. I feel broken-hearted.

At first, I felt betrayed Luke thinks of me as a manwhore and an alcoholic, hell, I still feel that way. I didn't know he would think of me like that. I just feel betrayed by that. I feel betrayed.

I'm so hurt by the fact that me and Luke couldn't survive. I guess we were meant to be, sadly. I loved him so much and he loved me the same, but in a relationship there's always one person who loves them more. I guess that was me since I was the most effected out of our relationship. I feel hurt.

About 3 weeks after our conversation I felt so empty, to this day I still feel empty. Nothing is the same anymore without Luke. Nothing. He was my sunshine, my princess, my baby. I stopped smoking for him. Well, I didn't really smoke that much, but I stopped. He didn't even ask me to, I wanted to. Now, there's nothing in my life that will bring my happiness back. I feel empty.

The fact the I'm still angry about this is amusing. Usually, I would be over a breakup this bad, but Luke is different. I still love him even though he probably won't love me back. It's just that this was basically my first serious relationship in a long time. It's like he didn't think highly of me while I thought highly of him. I feel angry.

3 weeks. I'm still sad over it. If this was somebody else I would've felt normal, but like I said Luke is different. I miss him a lot and I hope he's missing me as much as I miss him. I feel sad.

Without Luke , I'm so lost. He was the only person who didn't judge me by looks rather than my personality. Now he's gone. I don't know what to do any more. I feel lost.

Calum thought his mum was a genius. He liked writing his feelings down. Getting it off his chest. He should do it more often. He looked over at Mali and she was sound asleep, leaving 'The Fairly OddParents' on the tv. That was Mali's favorite show. It didn't surprise him that Mali is asleep. It's about 9 pm now. He should've now cause his mum goes to work around that time, maybe a little early. But, he got ready for bed as well. Him picking Mali up and tucking her into bed.

He did his nightly routine going to bed without a weight on his shoulders for once. It felt different, yet nice.