Thirty One

"Have you ever been in jail?" A customer asked. "That's none of your business ma'am." Calum tried to contain his anger. "I just assumed because of your tattoos and piercings." She shrugged. "Can you please check your face. I just found your nose in my business." Calum smiled. The customer rolled her eyes and left. "Okay Calum. I'm being nice and trusting you. So you're going to lock up today. Give me the keys tomorrow and don't worry about having to come earlier than your shift. I have a spare key." His boss explained. Calum nodded. Closing time was near. It was almost a month he's been working.

So far he's earned about 400 dollars already. He works 11 to 8pm. 10 dollars a day. 4 days a week. He's almost there. He's so happy. He gets to see Luke.

It was time for closing and he did some cleaning and putting the CDs back in their original spots. Once he was done he went to his car. It smelled like Luke's perfume which Calum said he hated but actually loved very much. Calum sighed ruffling his hair that he didn't bother to do. He started driving home. "Good, you're home just in time. Mali is already asleep and I made dinner just go ahead. Bye cal."

"Bye mum."

Calum sighed eating his dinner. He missed eating dinner with Luke. Now he's all alone. He hates being in silence. Silence is the most powerful scream. He just hated it. He liked having someone to talk to. He like making conversations with people, especially Luke. Calum sighed as he cleaned his food and went to bed.

-

"Calum, we've been getting complaints about you." His boss spoke. "What? Why?" Calum asked. His boss completely ignored his questions. "Because of these complaints, I'm going to give you a warning and also I'm lowering your paycheck to 5 dollars. Now, carry on." Then he went back to his office. Calum groaned in frustration. Now, it'll take even longer to get the money for the plane ticket to see Luke. Calum wanted to punch something. He was so frustrated at the moment. He didn't do anything wrong. I bet it was that annoying customer with her nose in my business. Calum thought.

Calum began stocking the new CDs that came in today.

Harry: Wanna go clubbing?

Calum: what time?

Harry: we can pick you up after work if that works for you

Calum was hesitant for a moment. He knew it wouldn't be the same with Luke, but he also needed to get his mind off of him. Maybe it'll be fun. Calum bit his lip nervously. Luke and him are broken up so he's not breaking any rules right?

Though, he will be breaking his heart because the only person he would want to be kissing in the club is Luke. He knew that will never happen in a long time. Calum sighed and reluctantly agreed.

Calum: Alright. I get off at 8

Harry: Okay. See you then

Calum had to ask his mum to make sure he can go. Because he didn't want to go when his mum works. Sometimes his mums boss gives her days off. Hopefully today was on of them.

Calum: Is it okay if I go out with friends after work?

She didn't take too long to respond. Luckily, Calum didn't interrupt her at work.

Mum: Sure honey. I'll find a sitter for Mali. Go have fun with your friends. You haven't done that in a while you deserve it. Love u!