Chapter 9

I push the shopping cart as Amy throws stuff in. First, she covers the bottom of the cart with saran wrap. Then she throws a few bottles of spray paint in. After grabbing a some syrup and flour, we head for the cash registers.

We were supposed to go shopping for our revenge on my exes the day after Luke's party but we had to go to work so we pushed it to the side but here we are. Tonight's the night.

My eyes widen at the cost of everything. "Holy shit, Amy. Put it back. We are not spending that much money just to get revenge on some stupid guys."

"We're not spending anything. My parents sent me some money so I have more than enough," Amy chuckles.

"Why'd they send you money?"

She shrugs. "For being assholes, maybe. Possibly for screwing up my life. Oh, maybe they sent it because they remembered they had a daughter."

I frown. "I'm sorry, Amy."

Her parents own their own company, making them rich. They ignored her as a child and as soon as she turned eighteen, they kicked her out. They send her a text saying hi every other month but if she says anything back, they never reply. I'm glad I didn't grow up with shitty parents but I feel bad for Amy. Luke and I are the only ones she considers family.

She shrugs, swiping her bank card. I push the cart back to it's place and help her with the bags. We put them in the trunk of Amy's car then get in. "Luke said Spencer showed up at your dress fitting," she says, glancing over at me. "Are things getting serious?"

I smile a little. "We're dating."

Her eyes widen. "What? When did this happen?"

"Last night he took my to this lake and we ate dinner as the sun set. He said we were adults so he could be honest then told me he liked me," I say. "I told him I liked him and he asked me to go out with him. I have a boyfriend."

She smiles but it quickly fades away. "You only met him a week ago. Do you know anything about him?"

"You learn things about each other while your dating. It's not like I'm not gonna move in with him or sleep with him," I sigh. "I just want this to last. He seems like a great guy and he really likes me."

She looks at me doubtfully. "You don't have the best wrap sheet with men. I just want you to be careful. You hardly know the guy."

"I know."

Even though she just wants the best for me, it's kind of irritating hearing her say these things. She's the one who told me to see Spencer again after the bar that night. Plus, she's no better. She was with a guy at Luke's party, another a few days after that, and another at the bar. She shouldn't criticize me.

It's already late so we stop at John's house first. John doesn't have any emotional attachments to anything so Amy decided to destroy his kitchen. He wakes up every morning at six o'clock and is in bed by eight thirty each night. Luckily, it's almost midnight so I know he's asleep.

I pick up a few rocks by the steps, looking for the key. Amy searches on the other side. When we don't find it, Amy looks beneath the front mat on the porch. I roll my eyes at how common that is. Amy holds my hand, the bag of supplies in the other, as I make my way through the dark house.

Upstairs, his bedroom door is open. He lays asleep in his bed with a girl beside him. I shake my head in disgust, seeing their bare shoulders. "He left you for her?" Amy whispers. "You're way prettier than her."

"Come on," I say softly, leaving the room.

She quietly shuts the door before we go back downstairs to the kitchen. Amy stands on a chair to pour flour onto the fan as I look in the refrigerator. I grab the carton of eggs, tucking them securely beneath my arm while I open the syrup. I begin drizzling it on the floor, covering as much tile as possible. Apparently it isn't enough because Amy takes it away, squeezing the bottle so the syrup shoots everywhere. Once the bottle is empty, she empties the rest of the flour by swinging the bag, causing me to laugh as a cloud of white smoke fills the room. Our finishing touch is throwing the eggs everywhere.

"That was fun," I smile.

"Next is Jared. His will take a little longer but when we're finished, we're going to every guy who's ever hurt you and taking off their right eyebrows using the Nair I bought," she smirks.

When we arrive at Jared's, his Camaro is sitting in his driveway. Beside it is a pink bug. Amy glares toward the car. "Looks like we get to decorate two cars."

I shake my head. We wrap the entire Camaro up with saran wrap then Amy gets the spray paint. She uses different colors to spray paint dicks on each side of the car. On the windshield, she writes, I Dick in big letters, followed by another picture of a dick on the hood.

On the pink car, we use what's left of the Saran wrap to cover the windshield. Amy uses pink spray paint to write Whore across it. We stand back and admire our work. "Good job," Amy says, giving me a high five.

"Thanks for this," I say, pulling her into a side hug. "It means a lot. I feel way better."

She shrugs, smiling. "It's what best friends do."

"We should get going. We have to be up early for the wedding," I say.

"You're right. Let's go. We've done enough damage for the night," she chuckles.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow