Chapter 19

We sway our hips as the wind lightly blows around us. The sound of soft music playing fills the air as we look up at the stars. "Isn't this the part where you tell me you bought me a star for my birthday?" I ask playfully.

Jake chuckles. "Actually, I bought all of them for you. I got a great quantity discount."

I tilt my head back in laughter. We continue dancing as he presses a kiss to my forehead. "Luke was mad at me earlier."

Our dancing comes to a halt. "Why? Did you tell him?"

He shakes his head. "No. He was mad at the guy who was taking you out tonight. So technically, he's mad at me."

I roll my eyes. "You're ridiculous. We talked earlier and he can't wait to meet you."

He smiles. "Does that mean you're going to tell him?"

"Well... here's the thing. I don't really have anything to tell. What am I supposed to say? 'I'm screwing your uncle in my free time.' I don't think so."

It's his turn to laugh. "Are you asking me out, Juliet?"

My hands slide down from his shoulders to his chest. I keep him at arms length. "Before we even talk about the whole relationship thing, I should probably let you know something."

He glances at our single table on the roof top that is now empty. "Should we sit?"

I nod. We sit at the table and I begin telling him about my dad. He stays quiet the whole time. When I finish, I pause. "I'm glad you told me but what does that have to do with our relationship?" he asks.

Biting my lip, I look down at my lap. "Well... I promised him I'd get married before he passed away - whenever that may be. I need you to know what you're getting in to."

The silence between us is deafening. After a long while, he holds my hand with both of his. "Look at me," he says softly and I obey. "What makes you think I wouldn't want to marry you? You're so damn perfect. I'm afraid of losing you."

A small smile plays on my lips. "Then it's official?"

He nods. "I guess it is."

"Great, because my friend Luke is dying to meet you."

We laugh together, both wondering how Luke will react to all of this. After one more slow dance beneath the moon, we head downstairs. We get into the car and Jake begins driving. "Do you want to go back to my place?" he asks.

I nod. "Sure."

After a while, he pulls into a parking garage. He parks his Audi on the very top floor and we get out. Holding my hand, he leads me across a small walking bridge. Looking over the edge, I see that its above the main street. The bridge leads us to an elevator which we get on. Instead of pressing a button, he types in a number on the keypad. "Fancy," I mumble.

He smiles at me. When the doors open, there is a rug leading up to the door. He releases my hand to fish his keys out of his pocket. When the door is open, I step in and look around. The only colors seen are black, white, and gray. "Nice place," I say, walking to the windows.

The windows show a perfect view of the city. Jake places his hands on my hips, pressing his body up against mine. "Stay the night with me," he says softly.

Arching my back slightly, I grind my ass against his erection. He moans, pressing his body against mine once more. "Only if you take me to bed right now," I reply.

"Gladly."

****************************

My body is pressed against his, my left leg partially over him. His arm is around me and our laced fingers lay on his bare chest. We've been laying here for hours just talking. Every question I ask, he has an answer for. "How long do you think a couple should date before they get engaged?" I ask.

He hums. "A year or two, I guess. That's not for high school relationships, though. I mean fully grown and developed adults."

I nod as I think of another question. "What do you think about kids? Are they an after-marriage thing?"

He shakes his head. "Not necessarily. If you're engaged then you can have kids but you shouldn't get married because of kids. If you're in a committed relationship, then you can have kids whenever you want."

"What about you... do you want kids?" I ask.

"Yes," he nods.

"How many?"

"A whole football team," he grins.

My eyes widen. "There's no way in hell. No woman would ever agree to that."

He chuckles. "I'd like to have two. No more than three, though. How about you?"

"I've always wanted at least one but I think two is my limit. I want a boy and a girl," I say.

"Maybe we should practice some more. Just in case we get bored one day and try to put a baby in there.," he smirks, placing his hand on my bare hip.

I smile. "Wouldn't you like that."

"I would," he agrees.

Ignoring his comment, I continue on with my questions. "When do you think I should tell Luke about us?"

He stares up at the ceiling for a long moment. "Next weekend."

"How should I tell him?" I ask.

"Well first off, it should be in public so he doesn't try to kill me," he says with a small smile.

"You want to be there with me?" I ask.

"Of course I do. I'll find something fun for all of us to do so Amy and Jennifer can come too. Then maybe he won't think about it too long or overreact."

"Okay," I nod.

We talk for a little while longer until I'm too tired to keep my eyes open.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow