Chapter 14

"Just try it on," he insists.

I shake my head. "No way. Put it back."

He holds it out for me. "Not until you try it on."

Sighing, I grab his hand and pull him into the changing room with me. He closes the curtains and holds the hanger up for me to take.

After we left the diner, we got in the car and drove. When I asked him where we we're going, he said any place that caught our attention. Victoria's Secret caught his attention. Now he's trying to get me to try on lingerie.

Taking the hanger, I put it on the hook then tug off my shirt. He leans against the wall, his eyes raking over my body. He slowly makes his way towards me as I unbutton my jeans. When he reaches me, he continues forward - forcing me backwards. He laces his fingers with mine then holds them against the wall. My back arches away from the cold wall and I feel Jake's excitement. "Not here," I whisper breathlessly.

He presses a kiss just below my ear before his touch is completely gone. "Okay," He responds quietly.

Hot and flustered, I push my jeans down and try on the black lace lingerie. It barely covers my ass and it's transparent due to the lace material. "What do you think?" I say, looking in the mirror.

I turn to the side to admire my entire body and he presses his chest to mine. My eyes flicker up to his as his hands circle around my waist. His hands settle on my ass as he leans forward. "Let's go back to the room," he whispers.

I nod, unable to speak. He presses a light kiss to the corner of my mouth before stepping out of the changing room. After taking a deep breath, I quickly change back into my clothes. Leaving the lingerie behind, we walk to the car. We're about halfway there when his phone rings. "Hello?" he answers. Him and the person go back and forth until Jake finally says, "Okay. I'll be there in twenty."

I look out the window, pretending I didn't hear him. "Juliet," he says, placing his hand on my thigh.

"Hmm?" I hum in response.

"You won't be upset if I go out for a little while, will you?" he asks carefully.

"The whole reason you came here was because of business," I remind him. "Don't let me stop you from doing things. I won't be mad."

He nods. "Okay. I should only be gone for about an hour and a half. You can order room service if you want."

"Okay."

He stops in front of the hotel and I place my hand on his thigh, slowly moving it towards the apex of his thighs. Pressing a kiss to his cheek, I whisper, "Don't forget about me."

I take the room key from his hand then make my way towards the elevator. When I get up to the room, I run myself a bath and turn the jets on. I sink into the water and sigh. The peaceful silence is lost when my phone rings from beside me. "Hello?"

"Finally!" Amy yells.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"You learned how to answer your damn phone," she says. "Where in the hell are you?"

"Away," I say with a smile.

She groans. "I'm your best friend, Juliet. Just tell me."

"Don't tell Luke but I'm with Jake," I say. "I needed some time to myself."

"But your not by yourself. You're with him," she grumbles.

I frown. "Why did you say it like that?"

"Because he's Luke's uncle. We've already went over this."

"Can you just let me be happy for once?" I ask, annoyed.

"What is Luke gonna think when he finds out?" she asks. "What? You couldn't have Luke so you moved on to his uncle?"

"Why are saying all of this? Just leave me alone."

"I'm trying to look out for you," she says.

"No. You're not happy with your life so you're trying to live through mine. You can't control me. It's my life," I say.

"Whatever, Juliet. Soon you'll realize you're fucking up - just like you have with every other guy."

"Screw you."

She hangs up and I throw my phone across the bathroom. It hits the wall and falls to the floor. I put my hands over my face and groan.

Could she be right? Am I going to regret this later on down the road?

So many thoughts wander in my mind. I quickly finish up then slip into a pair of panties and one of Jake's shirts, leaving the top three buttons undone. I turn the TV on and lay in bed, waiting for sleep to pull me under.

**************************

A warm hand slips up my shirt, slowly making it's way between my breasts. My eyes open to the flickering glow of the TV. Jake lays beside me in his boxers, his fingers dancing over my skin. "It's twelve-thirty in the morning," he whispers.

I stare at him in confusion. "And?"

"It's valentines day," he replies with a small smile.

I roll my eyes. "It's twelve-thirty in the morning," I remind him. "I'm tired."

He chuckles softly. "I'll let you go to sleep but first, promise me you'll be mine."

I raise my eyebrows. "What if you have work tomorrow? Then I'll be by myself again."

He frowns. "You said you wouldn't be upset about that."

"I'm not. But if I agree to be yours, I expect to spend the whole day with you," I smile.

He nods. "Of course. So Juliet... Will you be mine?"

My smile grows bigger. "Of course I will," I hold open my arms. "Come here."

He fills my arms and I pull him closer, pressing my lips to his. As I try to fall asleep next to him, all I can think about it how tomorrow will go. I'm excited.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow