Chapter 11

I've watched Jake flirt effortlessly with numerous women the entire night. It's easy to say I'm furious. I have no right to be - I know - but I've had a few drinks and that's never good.

Okay... maybe a few more than a few.

"You looked beautiful today, honey," my mom says, kissing my cheek.

"Thanks, mom," I mumble. "I love you."

"We love you too," she smiles.

"We're gonna head home. Call us soon," my dad says.

"Okay. Bye."

After they leave, I order another shot of Tequila Rose. As the rim of the glass touches my lips, a pair of hands rest on my hips. The smell of his familiar cologne fills my nose and I relax at his touch. He presses a kiss to my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "You're so beautiful," Jake whispers.

I drink the shot before placing the glass down on the bar. When I spin the bar stool around so I'm facing him, he stands between my legs. "I have to... use the bathroom," I lie.

Ignoring me, he continues. "Your parents are sweet. They seem to like me."

I scrunch my nose up in disgust. "You managed to talk to my parents between talking to your whores?"

He furrows his eyebrows. "You're mad?"

Lightly pushing him away, I hop off the bar stool. I begin walking away with him hot on my heels. "Go away."

"Not until you explain to me why you stopped talking to me," he says as we round the corner.

I stop abruptly, making him bump into my chest. "Did it ever cross your mind that maybe I knew Luke? Come on!" I say exasperated. "I stood next to him at his wedding."

"What does Luke have to do with this?" he asks.

"He's my best friend and you're his uncle," I snap. "That's weird."

He shakes his head. "He doesn't even see me as his uncle. We're less than ten years apart. If I tried acting like his uncle, he wouldn't take me seriously. Why did you think I was one of his groomsmen?" he asks. "Because we're more like friends. The only reason I'm a part of this family is because my mother got drunk with her boss."

I pout. "I just want to be alone."

He slowly leans down, brushing a kiss against my lips. "Let's be alone together."

He holds me against his chest as he opens the door beside us. My body aches for his touch. Before my brain can work properly, we are in the room. I hear the lock click behind him and I peek around the room. "How classy," I say, looking up into his eyes. "A bathroom."

"It was either here or sneak under your table and give you a nice surprise," he smirks.

I roll my eyes. He presses me up against the door and kisses my neck. I tilt my head back, giving him easier access. His lips trail down to my chest before he drops to his knees. He watches me intently as he slips his hands up my dress, hooking his thumbs in my panties and tugging them off.

Instead of getting up, he stays down on his knees. Lifting my leg, he hooks it over his shoulder. I quickly pull away from him and he looks at me with questioning eyes. "What's wrong?"

I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm not exactly comfortable with doing that."

He furrows his eyebrows. "You're telling me you've never -"

"It's... weird," I say, scrunching my nose slightly.

He slowly rises to his feet. "Have you ever tried doing it?"

I shake my head, avoiding eye contact. "I have never done that or... received it," I say slowly.

He gently kisses my forehead then each cheek, finally ending on my lips. "I promise you'll love it."

I allow him to lift me onto the counter and set me on the edge. He pushes my dress up before kissing the inside of my thigh. I groan. "Why can't we just have sex like every other time?"

He pauses for a moment. "Because I honestly wasn't expecting you to be here so I don't have a condom."

I raise my eyebrows. "You weren't planning to sleep with the bridesmaids?"

He shakes his head. "No. I'm not that big of an asshole."

He continues kissing up my thigh until he reaches the apex of my thighs.

**************************

Jake was absolutely right. I cannot stop thinking about what happened in the bathroom. It might not have been the best place for it to happen but what the hell. It was amazing.

After our little encounter in the bathroom, we go separate ways. I return to the bar and he goes over to a group of guys but every once in a while, I feel his gaze on me. "Juliet, I lost my s-shoes," Amy slurs, giggling afterwards.

I furrow my eyebrows. I haven't seen her this drunk in years. "How did you manage to lose your shoes?" I ask.

She looks over her shoulder. "Well, it's a long story."

"I have a lot of time," I sigh, looking at her expectantly. "Go on."

She shrugs. "I don't know."

I roll my eyes. "Looks like it's time for you to go home."

She whines and cries about it, calling me a 'party pooper' the whole time. Just before we reach the door, I take one last glance at Luke and Jennifer dancing. They both look great. "Why are you guys leaving?" Jake asks from behind me.

"Someone drank too much," I reply.

I watch as Luke leans in, kissing Jennifer. Will I have that one day? Part of me wishes I wouldn't have screwed up so many relationships but a little voice in my head reminds me that I'm not the one who ruined them. "Juliet," Jake says softly.

My gaze falls on him and Amy puts her hand on his chest, trying to push him away. "You're too old for her," she mumbles.

"Amy," I warn. "Be nice."

"We're only eight years apart," Jake says.

"Just think," Amy says slowly, hiccuping. "In a few years, his manhood is gonna be... old and gross."

"Can we not talk about his manhood?" I ask.

"I bet Spencer's is perfect," she grins.

I glare at her for a moment before trying to get her out the door once more. "Call me," Jake says from behind me.

"Okay."

As soon as Amy lays across the back seat, she passes out. She is a pain in my ass sometimes. Now I have to worry about Spencer tomorrow.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow