Chapter 22

Jake woke up before me so he kissed and nibbled on my neck until I woke up. That turned into an intense make out session. Which turned into sex, of course, but we knew we were meeting up with Amy, Sebastian, Luke and Jennifer so we took it to the shower. Our shower together js cut short when we hear a knock on the door. Groaning, Jake sets me to my feet. I dry my hair up a little bit before pulling on a robe. "I'll be back," I say.

When I open the door, Luke is standing there. "Good morning."

"Good morning. Are you guys almost ready?" he asks.

"Yeah. We're showering," I mentally slap myself. "Separately. We're showering separately," I explain. "I'm done and he's in there."

He furrows his eyebrows. "God, stop. You're making it worse. Just get us when you're done showering."

My eyes widen. "I'll tell him - when he's done," I add quickly.

He rolls his eyes, shaking his head. I close the door and make my way back into the bathroom. Jake is out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Who was it?" he asks.

"Your nephew," I mumble.

"Why do you looked so upset?" he asks.

"I practically told the kid we were showering together. I made a fool of myself," I frown.

"Stop worrying so much," he sighs.

"I can't help it," I pout.

He pulls the robe loose and pushes it off my shoulders. Dropping his towel, he closes the space between us. "Should we finish?"

I try not to smile but I can't help it. He picks me up and I wrap around him as he steps back into the shower.

**************************

All of us go out for lunch after checking out of the hotel. After eating, everyone thanks Jake and I before going their separate ways. Jake drives us back into town where we go to the mall. I've never felt so relaxed with him. I don't have to worry about anyone seeing us because Luke already knows. We can actually be a couple now.

We walk through the mall with his arm over my shoulders and my arm around his waist. Just as I'm about to point out a store I want to go in, I see a familiar figure in the distance. It's Spencer. Jake shakes me lightly. "Are you okay?" he asks.

When he turns around, I see his face. He looks in my direction but his eyes aren't on me. They're on Jake. Spencer smiles and waves before making his way towards us. "Do you know him?" I ask.

"Who?" he looks around until he finds Spencer. "Oh, yeah. We're friends."

He removes his arm from around me and grabs my hand, pulling me along. I hide behind him as we approach Spencer. "Jake," Spencer says. "When are you going to stop pushing along our dinner plans?"

"When my girlfriend agrees to go with me," Jake chuckles, pulling me into view.

Spencer's eyes widen. "Juliet?"

"Spencer," I nod.

Jake furrows his eyebrows. "That's not his name. Wait, how do you know her?" he asks him.

That's not his name? You've got to be kidding me. Hasn't he lied enough? "That's not your name?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"This is David. Remember when we were in Clearwater and my friend called?" I nod. "It was him."

"Juliet, I'm so sorry," David says.

"How do you guys know each other?" Jake asks.

Ignoring his question, I ask my own. "Tell me something, what does David do for a living?" I ask Jake.

"He's a cop," Jake says.

"I told you that." David says to me. "Can we talk for a minute?"

Jake pulls me to his side. "I don't think so. How do you guys know each other?"

"We met at a bar," I say.

"And dated," David adds.

"For a day," I snap.

"What about your wife?" Jake asks.

My eyes widen. Oh, this just keeps getting better. "You're married?"

"His wife is pregnant," Jake says.

I lunge at David, swinging at him, but Jake grabs my waist, holding me back. "You asshole!" I growl.

He takes a step back. "I can explain."

"Just leave," I say, giving up.

I slump back against Jake's chest and David leaves. Jake pulls me towards the wall where we're partially hidden by a large plant. "Calm down," Jake says, pinning me to the wall.

I turn so my back is flat against the wall. Taking deep breaths, I begin to calm down. "I - I'm sorry. I was angry and I overreacted," I say softly.

He presses his forehead to mine. "It's fine. Let's go home."

Hesitantly, I nod. He grabs my hand and leads me back out to the car. The ride back to his apartment is silent. I can't believe Spencer. He lied to me so much. His name isn't even Spencer, it's David! I'm just beyond pissed off. I figured if we couldn't be a couple at the time, we could at least be friends so he could gain my trust again.

We get out of the car and go back to his apartment. He grabs my hand and leads me to the couch. I sit next to him but he pulls me onto his lap. "Tell me everything," he says softly.

He doesn't look angry. Not even a little upset. In his blue eyes, I can still see the innocent little boy who lost his mommy. So I do. I tell him everything, beginning with the night Amy told me he was Luke's uncle and ending with me calling Spacer - or David - when I found out about my dad.

He doesn't get upset about anything I say. He just listens... and I truly appreciate it. When I've finished, he presses a kiss to me forehead. This is when I know for sure... I'm falling for him, too.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow