Chapter 21

We all sit around a big table talking over our dinner. Luke has been kind of quiet since earlier. He has only said a few words here and there. When he excuses himself from the table to use the restroom, I lean towards Jake. "I'm ging to talk to him."

He leans in and presses a kiss to my lips. "Okay."

I kiss him once more and hold him close. He looks at me with questioning eyes but I choose to ignore him. I quietly leave the table and head towards the hallway that leads to the bathrooms. I stop at the end and look around as I wait. That's when I notice Luke standing outside on the balcony of the restaurant. Lights are wrapped around the metal rails, creating a soft glow outside. "Luke?" I ask quietly as I approach him.

He glances over his shoulder at me then turns his gaze back to the large pond outside. "Hey," he says quietly.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I don't know. Ever since I've met Jennifer, everything has felt like a dream. Like nothings real. I mean, I got a girl pregnant. I got engaged and married. And now my best friend is dating my uncle. It's crazy."

I place my hand on his shoulder. "Luke, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. We ran into each other and things happened. If I knew that he was your uncle, nothing ever would've happened."

He puts his arm around me and pulls me to his side. "I don't want you to feel bad about it. You guys deserve each other. It's just gonna take some getting used to. That's all."

I wrap my arms around him. "Thanks, Luke."

"No problem. We should get back inside now," he says.

I nod and we pull apart. We hug each other once more before going back to the table. Jake pulls my chair closer to his and drapes his arm over the back of my chair. "How'd it go?" he asks quietly.

"Okay. He said it's just gonna take some getting used to."

"Good, because I'm head over heels for you," he smiles.

I smile. "That's good to know."

He kisses me before joining the conversation. Once we're all finished, we make our way up to our floor. Amy and Sebastian go in their room after thanking Jake for paying for dinner. Jennifer gives me a weird look before eyeing my room door. For a moment I'm confused. Then I realize she meant to give Luke and Jake some space to talk. I kiss Jake's cheek. "I'll wait in the room for you."

He nods before I walk away. I strip out of my dress and rummage around Jake's stuff for a t-shirt. My hand touches something plastic and I pull it out. It's a condom.

On valentines day, we had sex in the shower. After that, he asked me if I was on the pill since we hadn't used any precautions. Ever since, we haven't used any. My past with guys has been horrible. Each one has cheated on me or just left. This makes my mind wander, wondering about the possibilities.

The door opens and Jake steps in. He tosses his suit jacket on the bed then pulls off his tie. As he begins unbuttoning his shirt, he makes his way towards me. "Hey, Jake?" I say, looking down at the condom.

"Yeah?"

"Why do you have this?" I ask. "We haven't used them since Clearwater."

He takes it from my hand and examines it. Shrugging, he tosses it back in the suitcase. "I don't know. Maybe I left it in there."

He begins walking away and I furrow my eyebrows. "You haven't... slept with anyone else since then, have you?" I ask cautiously.

"Are you serious?" He asks, slightly irritated. "Babe, you're the only one I've slept with since new years. Don't you trust me?"

I keep my eyes on the floor. "I'm sorry. It's just -"

He cups my cheek, bringing my face towards his. "It's okay but I'd never cheat on you." My eyes finally meet his. "Juliet, I'm falling for you. I think I have been since our first night together. No other girl will ever compare to you. You're all I want."

I leave no time for any more words. My lips press against his as my hands work to unbutton his pants. He turns his head, chuckling. I kiss his neck and work my way day his chest as I push his pants down. When I'm down on my knees, I look up at him. He looks so turned on. Biting my lip, I join his boxers with his pants around his ankles. "Juliet, you don't have to do this," he says softly.

"I want to."

And with that being said, I take him in my mouth. My tongue rolls around the tip and he moans. Smiling, I test my limits to see how far he can go. He holds the back of my head with his hand, his fingers tangling in my hair as my head continues moving back and forth. It isn't long before he's coming apart and I don't know what to do so I swallow before sitting back on my heels, wiping my lips as I smile up at him. Breathing heavily, he lays down across the bed. I sit astride him with a smile on my face. "You've never done that before?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Nope."

"Gosh, you're amazing," he smiles.

"Thank you. Find us a movie. I'm going go change," I say, noticing I'm still in my bra and panties.

"You could just take that off so we can cuddle," he smirks.

He's already naked so why not. He gets under the blankets as I finish undressing. We lay under the covers together, watching TV as his hands explore my body. Before the movie is even finished, I fall asleep.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow