12

Steve

     I clomp through the H.Y.D.R.A. base with the Avengers. Tori left around noon and will be gone almost the entire day. I take out a few agents, but I don't even have the heart to warn the others. I wish that it was me and Tori together that are manipulating Henry Chandler. I wish that it was like when we went to that H.Y.D.R.A. base in London together, just us.
     "Cap, I need a hand here." Tony says through my earpiece.
     I rush to Iron Man and help with the agents. We quickly destroy them and go to the next batch. It's just punch, throw, repeat. I hate it.
     "I'm going to branch off for a bit," I tell the others.
      They all approve and I sprint to a hallway. I go down the corridor, taking out agents as I go. I end up at a dead end. I turn around to walk back into the fight, but I find agents surrounding me.
     "Well," an agents slurs. "You're surrounded, Cap."
     "That means I can attack in any direction," I say.
     I throw my shield, knocking one agent out of the ten to the floor. They throw things at me, which cuff me to the wall and shock me. I yelp from the pain, but I manage to get them off. I kick and punch, which thankfully takes care of a few more agents. One throws more of the shocking things, pinning me to the wall. I rip it off, but I'm put into a headlock.
     "What are you gonna do, Cap?" an agent asks, more agents grabbing my other limbs.
     I kick the agents off and they all flop onto the ground, unconscious. I kick my shield up, catching it with my arm. I hear a pair of footsteps and claps. I snap my head in that direction, spotting an agent.
     "Don't be alarmed," he says. "I'm not armed. But that was impressive."
     "What do you want?" I huff.
     "Just a little warning," he says. "You know the kid called Henry Chandler?"
     I nod slowly.
     "There has been a girl with him," he says. "He has taken a liking to her. But, he has his plans. He doesn't know who she is, but you do. He is going to make her regret every decision she has made that has to do with you. She is going to be his little pet."
     I throw my shield at him, putting him unconscious. I see Natasha sprint into the room, fear plastered on her face.
     "Steve?" she asks.
     "We need to get Tori out of there," I breathe. "Now."
     "That's why I've come here," Natasha says.
     "Steve?" a voice in my earpiece echoes.
     "Tori?" I ask, completely forgetting about Natasha. "Honey, you need to get out of there."
     "Steve, I'm staying overnight. I've found some huge information and I'm going to look at it."
     "Don't let that man hurt you," I sigh. "Please."
     "I'm not," she says. "He even confessed that he's with H.Y.D.R.A.."
     "Please, just come home as soon as possible."
     "I will," she states. "I promise."