30

Tori

     "And Steve found me," I explain to the boys, ending my story.
     Steve and Tony stare at me with wide eyes as I tell them what I did on Asgard, speaking with Loki included. Tony slowly shakes his head and a smile spreads across Steve's lips.
"T-That's amazing!" Steve exclaims, almost standing from the sofa. "You met Frigga and Odin, that's incredible."
"I'm just happy that I'm home," I mumble.
"Humph," Tony grunts, crossing his arms.
"What?" Steve asks.
"I find it pretty ironic that she hasn't said anything about Thor," Tony explains. "He was the person who took you there in the first place."
I laugh awkwardly, but ignore what he says. Steve raises an eyebrow at me, his eyes wide.
"We just had an interesting conversation," I laugh. "That's it."
     "Oh, really," Tony grins. "And what was it about?"
     "That is none of your concern, brother."
     "Clearly, you've been in Asgard for three months."
     "Yes, yes I have been."
     Steve fiddles with his hands, not sure what to do with them. Tony blabbers about nonsense, and I pretend to listen. Steve presses his lips into a thin line, not daring to open them.
     "—Natasha and Clint are coming home soon and Bruce is doing something a few hours away," Tony says. "So, it's going to be just us for a while."
     "Uh-huh," I nod.
     I bite my lip and stare at the floor. Tony stops mid sentence and blinks at me.
     "Why did you stop listening?" he asks me.
     "Because someone is being rather quiet," I say.
     I glance at Steve, who immediately looks up from his hands. I give him sad eyes. He sighs in return, running his fingers through his hair.
     "There are things that happened here that I don't want to say," he says.
     "Steve," I whisper sweetly.
     "I feel as comfortable talking about it as you are talking about your 'conversation' with Thor." he says.
     I frown and look down at the floor.
     "Okay," I reply.
"So," Tony announces. "I need to continue the conversation."
Tony talks and talks, unable to keep his mouth shut. I stare at Steve, who stares back.
"Tell me later?" I mouth to him.
He nods in response, looking back down at the floor.

•••

"Hey," I call to Steve.
I look into our bedroom from the bathroom, searching for him. He looks up from the bed, his blue eyes glinting from the bright lights.
"Yes, Tori?" Steve asks.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Because you have been upset all day," I explain, flipping off the bathroom light and stepping into the bedroom.
I sit next to Steve on the bed, who is burrowed underneath the sheets. His wide blue eyes gaze at me as he pulls the blankets down to his waist.
"Things happened while you were gone," he says, running his fingers along the white cloth that wraps around my right shoulder. "Really important things."
"Like what?" I question him sweetly.
Steve sighs. His hand slides down my arm, waiting to reach my hand. Once he finds it, he takes it in both of his. His warmth spreads through my hand, getting rid of the cold.
"I saw Bucky, I met a guy named Sam, and I k-kissed Natasha." he says.
My eyes widen at the last part.
"And before you say anything," he adds. "I need to explain."
"Go ahead," I say, trying to conceal my anger.
"We were hiding in public and an agent was next to us. She told me to kiss her and I-I didn't want to. I-I-I had to, Tori. I feel so guilty, like I was—"
"Shh," I coo, pressing my index finger lightly to his lips. "You were only hiding yourselves. I would've kissed whoever I was with to save myself too."
I lower my hand and smile at him. He smiles back, sighing of relief.
"You handled that better than I thought you would." he states.
"Hey, Thor was talking about us having children. I think we're even." I giggle.
"He what?"
"You heard me, Steve."
"Not anytime soon," he laughs.
"Everyone wants us to have kids!" I exclaim. "Even Tony."
     Steve smirks, interwinding his fingers with mine. He pulls me next to him onto the bed and rests his head on top of mine.
     "Again, not anytime soon," he mumbles.
     "I love you, Steve," I whisper.
     "I love you too, Tori."
     My eyes slowly close as I listen to Steve's drumming heartbeat.