38

Tony

     I crash through a window and two agents. I just levitate above the ground, watching the other agents fire.
"Guys, stop," I say. "We gotta talk this through."
A piece of my suit rises from my shoulders, firing at the agents. After every one of them is on the ground, I take my leave.
"Good talk," I grin.
"No, it wasn't," an agent bellows.
A few minutes later, I find an agent working on an advanced computer. The agent glances over to me, but doesn't have enough time to even grunt before I fire at him. My armor opens, allowing me to step out.
"Sentry mode," I command, pointing a finger at it.
It closes back up and the lights from the eyes and the hand glow, acting as a flashlight so that I can see.
"Okay, J.A.R.V.I.S.," I start, stepping up to the computer. "You know, I want it all. Make sure you copy Hillad HQ."
I turn around, suspiciously scanning the room.
"I know you're hiding more than files," I mutter. "Hey, J, gimme an IRF scan of the room, real quick."
The computer does as I say, scanning the room with a red sensor. I turn to face the computers.
"To the left, I'm reading steel reinforcement," J.A.R.V.I.S. informs me. "And an air current."
I step around the computers and to the brick wall.
"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door, please be a secret door," I whisper, pushing against the wall.
The wall goes back — a secret door.
"Yay!" I exclaim.
I step through, into a small area with a dim light. I look to my right and see more and more lights that lead down a staircase. I begin to walk down, slowly and carefully. It leads to a lighter room, filled with all sorts of things.
"Guys, I got Strucker," Cap's voice says through the comms.
"Yeah, I got something bigger," I mumble.
I look up at the huge metal thing above me — the Chitauri. I walk up to something in a small box-like holder. It is a metal robot, its glowing blue eyes staring at me. It doesn't move, thank god. I glance over in another direction. A table with machine parts and equipment are scattered, almost abandoned. I glance to the other side, seeing another table and parts. However, there are blue sparks.
"Thor," I say into my comm. "Found the prize."
I stare the glowing scepter, not noticing the person slowly coming up behind me. My small smile disappears when I feel something in my head, something strong and powerful. My eyes don't shift from the scepter. They only do when the pain goes away.
The blue becomes stronger, and a familiar sound erupts from behind me. I look up to see the Chitauri moving, flying up. It flies over a pile of bodies — familiar bodies. A trickle of sweat slides down my forehead, and my breathing hitches.
I see the Hulk, flinching on the top of the pile. Beside him, I see Natasha, her eyes open and unmoving. Then Clint, in the middle of placing an arrow onto the nock. Thor, with his hair flowing in the light breeze. My eyes follow his hand, which leads to Steve's shield, broken and in pieces, and one of Tori's hand guns. On either side of them, two faces that I know all too well lay with their eyes closed — Steve and Tori. My sister's pale and unmoving hand is in Steve's, which looks identical to her's.
"T-Tori?" I whisper.
I can't look at my dead sister, but I can't look away. Her soot covered face is haunting, like it is a part of my worst nightmare. Memories of her flash before my eyes, causing my heart beat to speed up even more.
I eventually look away, but I look at Steve. I lunge to him, holding myself up by a rock above his head. I use my right hand to slowly check his pulse. I don't feel anything.
Abruptly, his free hand seizes my wrist, causing my heart to skip a beat. I stare at him as he stares at me, my eyes wide with fear.
"You...could've...saved...us..." Steve chokes out.
His hand falls down, and his eyes still. Blood trickles down his nose. I slowly move my trembling hand away, staring into his eyes.
"Why didn't...you do more?" Steve's voice echoes through my head.
I look away, but then back at Steve, who is unmoving. I hear a noise, forcing my eyes to look up. Above the Hulk is the Chitauri. It floats around the metal rubble in the black hole that we are in, to Earth.
My head shoots up, sweat trickling down my forehead once more. My eyes dart to the ground, then in front of me. My mind races. I look up and then behind me. The Chitauri is still and silent. I look in another direction, checking to see if anything had changed.
I extend my arm, walking forward. My armor slowly but surely comes to my arm, clasping onto it. I snatch the scepter, holding onto it tightly.
The mission is complete.

______________________________

I'm just going to let you all know, if you haven't noticed just yet, that pretty much all of the dialogue in these upcoming chapters come from the movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron.
So, hopefully that is either important to you or it just interests you.
Thanks!

-Nightnjay

<3