21

Tori

     I twirl in the blue dress that Frigga has given me. It is flowing and beautiful. Two strips of the fabric cross over the tops of my ribs, but the rest of the dress flows. There is only one strap on my right shoulder, but it isn't really a strap. It is more like an upside down V shaped strap. A circular golden pin hold it all together, between my shoulder and my arm. The V goes all the way to the left side of my body and it disappears under the strips.
"Do you like it?" Frigga asks me, a smile plastered on her lips.
"Yes, I love it!" I exclaim. "Are you sure that you want me to have something this nice?"
"Yes, dear," she giggles. "Now, let me find those shoes."
Frigga scans the bedroom for a pair of shoes she had shown me earlier. She eventually holds up a pair of golden heels and hands them to me. I swiftly slip them onto my feet and look in the mirror that is near the large window.
"Frigga, thank you." I say sincerely, smiling at myself.
"You're welcome," she replies. "Now, let me do your hair."
"R-Really?" I ask.
"Yes, Tori," she says. "As long as you are here, you are going to be treated like my daughter. It's so nice."
"It really is," I mumble, looking back into my past.
Frigga sits me in a small chair in front of a golden vanity. She begins to run a comb through my clean hair, softly and smoothly. The smile won't leave her face, which makes me feel warm inside. That fuzzy feeling disappears when I begin to think.
While I'm here in Asgard, my chances of knowing how Steve is are even slimmer. All I want is to know is if he is alright.
"Who are you thinking about, dear?" Frigga asks me, her voice calm and soothing.
"Steve," I sigh. "I'm sure that you know who he is."
"Oh, yes," she says. "Thor has brought up the name a few times."
"I miss him, Frigga," I vent my desperation to the goddess. "I just want this insanity to end."
"I know, dear," she says in a low voice. "It is hard; I have been in situations like that recently. However, it will end up right in the end."
     "But I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D. fugitive, what am I going to do then?"
     "I have a feeling that you will be forgiven,"
     "I hope,"
     Frigga stops talking, as if she wants to keep certain information. I furrow my eyebrows, but I don't ask.
     "Victoria," she begins softly. "You have had such a rough life; I believe that you should be forgiven for that reason. There are so many people that miss you in Midgard, but you need to give everything some time."
     "All I want is to know if Steve is okay," I choke out. "For all I know, he could be in the same situation I'm in."
     "I'm sure he is alright," she says. "But I'll request Heimdall to let you know."
     "Thank you," I breathe.
     She fiddles with my hair for a second, pure concentration plastered on her face.
     "I'm finished," she announces, putting her hands to her sides.
     "Thank you," I tell her. "Truly."
     My hair is in Dutch braid that goes down my back. The braid itself was pulled out, giving it more volume. I run my fingers along the braid, a smile growing on my lips.
     "You're welcome, my dear,"