• XII •

Hello, you lovely readers! I can't believe all the reads Zeus has been getting lately. I would like to thank you all for simply reading, but don't forget that voting can make a big difference. Maybe post of comment on something you would like to see happen in the next chapter? Maybe a little kiss, kiss between Zeus and Aurora? ;) Also, if you see something grammatical incorrect, comment! It helps A LOT. Have a wonderful day, night, or evening! -May

I look up at the starch white ceiling, wishing everyone would stop asking the same questions over and over and over again. What happened? Do you remember? I scoff at them. Of course, I remember what happened. How could I forget a man following me and then asking questions I embarrassingly had to lie about? How could I forget the feeling of relief I felt when I heard people searching for me, calling my name? How could I forget how the relief disappeared once I was tackled into the snow, suffocating, freezing, and screaming inside my head?

I don't answer their questions because explaining it all out loud would make it real.

"Aurora, are you sure you don't want to tell?" Caitlyn begs, sitting beside me with her blonde eyebrows furrowed in utter confusion. She glances behind her at an emotionless Zeus and an annoyed Ryder. Caitlyn sighs, stands up, and walks out of room with Ryder on her heels when I don't answer.

When they're out of the room, Zeus sits down in the seat Caitlyn was just in. My mind flashes back to the early morning. I feel asleep while running my hands through Zeus's hair, thinking about his confession that he can't lose me. When I woke up, he was gone and this is the first time I have seen him since then.

"I won't force you to tell what happened, Aurora," Force? "But things could be much easier if you would." A growl slips out of his pink lips.

"Force," I ask. "You can't force me to do anything even if you tried, Zeus."

The look he gives me is a mocking one. Zeus, like always, is many steps ahead of me, knowing possibly everything that I don't. He almost smiles, striking blue eyes watching me.

"Alphas are able to make any pack member follow orders—if needed. It happens when our wolf gets close to surface."

I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at him in annoyance. "I'm not a pack member." I state. Looking at the painting hanging above my bed, Zeus scratches his chin. "No, not yet. But you are Luna, and our connection is growing stronger." He answers.

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah? And how do you know that, Mr. Know-it-all?"

Zeus suddenly connects his eyes with mine. My heart pounds faster than normal when they flash orange once, twice before going back to their normal blue. He shakes his head.

"Your heart pounds faster when I'm around. And my wolf is growing restless."

I feel my cheeks warm. Screw you, body. "Good to know," There's a pregnant pause. "Have you ever felt like if you said something out loud everything would drastically change?" I ask.

Zeus cocks his head, looking at me in wonder. He doesn't say anything. I roll my eyes. I shouldn't have asked him that. Of course, he has never felt like that.

Scoffing, I say, "Never mind. Forget I even said that."

Zeus grabs my hand. I look up at him, and he squeezes my hand so hard I feel my blood flow stopping.

"You need to trust your gut, Aurora. You will never be wrong if you do. Ever. I have heard so many times from my mother about being Luna when I was a child. Trusting her gut—that feeling so strong inside her that it drove her crazy—kept herself, her mate, and her people safe."