• XXVI •

The sun practically blinds me.

This seems to be a reoccurring incident since Zeus and I never remember to close the curtains before we go to sleep, causing my alarm clock to be bright, warm rays striking my closed eyelids.

Squinting my eyes and groaning an ugly as fuck groan, I turn my body to face my warm furnace. With the sun hitting my back and not my face, I can fully open my eyes to see a fully awake Zeus watching me with a faint smile on his face.

How can he look attractive when he wakes up, I think.

I take in Zeus' full appearance. His hair is a mess, but on him it makes him looks better; and the smile that greets me causes his blue eyes to be brighter. My mouth waters when I scan down his bare chest. All the muscles are delicious. The pectoral, biceps and triceps, and the abs. God, help me. I wouldn't mind seeing what else is down there, but the comforter is all bunched up around his waist.

"Like what you see?" Zeus grumbles, smirking at me.

My gray eyes snap up and fortunately my cheeks don't flare up in embarrassment. "And what if I do?" I sass back. Zeus, once resting on his hand, growls and pounces on me, making a surprise laugh to escape my mouth.

"Zeus! Get off!" I laugh.

Zeus adjusts one leg to be between my legs and the other to be straddling me. A hand gathers my wrists together and moves them right above my head. I glare at him, my chest rising and falling. Then slowly, Zeus leans down and presses his lips upon my own awaiting lips.

I struggle so my hands can be released, but it's a losing battle. My body relaxes against the bed, my eyes fall close, and a content sigh falls out. As charming as ever, Zeus slightly pulls back, grinning a triumphant grin at me.

"Good morning, Aurora." Zeus lets go over my wrists.

My hands gather at the back of his neck, playing with the thick locks. "Good morning." I breathe out.

It's almost been a week since my date with Zeus. Fortunately, my period has ended for the month, and I decided last night that this morning I would talk to Rebecca about my Luna Ceremony. I remember the last time Rebecca and I talked about the Luna Ceremony. Back then it was mostly the facts that I was curious about, but now I'm ready for the ceremony to take place any day.

Zeus moves off from on top of me and lies down beside me. "Tell me what my mom says." Zeus announces, staring at the white ceiling, his chest rising and falling.

"Of course." I answer, grinning and staring at my mate.

I don't know how long we stay in bed together, lying down—not saying a word or touching. It's calming. Late on, I realize that we may be missing breakfast. Sitting up, I hit Zeus on his chest to get his attention.

"Breakfast, Zeus."

An arm wraps around my waist to stop me from getting out of bed. I laugh and try to get away but don't succeed.

"We have to eat." I state.

A growl sounds behind me. "I could eat something else." I hear Zeus mumble.

Gasping in surprise, I whip around in shock, ready to tell Zeus off, but his laughter stops me from doing so. I roll my eyes in disbelief, pull off Zeus' heavy arm, and get out of bed. I start my morning off by changing out of my pajamas and into presentable clothing. My hair is a bird's nest, which Zeus teases me from the bed, and I run my brush through the tangles too many times before my blonde hair is smooth and tangle-free.