• XXXII •

Just my luck, my internet went out for a full week; so no update until now. -.- Today was my last day of work, and I'm so happy with how this summer went. I have now learned that I do not have the patience to be a teacher. . . LOL How was your summer? Have you started school, yet? I start September 6th. Enjoy the rest of the week and this new chapter, friends! -May

Calling my parents and telling them I planned on spending the weekend at their place was easy. But mentioning the part about a certain guest being with me sparked both of their curiosities. I was immediately bombarded with questions about my guest. What he looks like, what is his job, his age, etc.

I awkwardly laughed (because Zeus could hear every question my parents were asking) and easily replied by telling them he's kind and they'll have to find out—just to cease their questions.

Now, as Zeus drives to my childhood home, I can't ignore the flutters of butterflies in my stomach. Every tree, bush, and driveway to a house is familiar to me. Memories of my childhood flash through my mind, which bring a smile to my face, and I can't wait for the moment Zeus and my parents will meet.

The moment comes fast, and my cluster of butterflies grows as Zeus presses the brakes and slowly turns into the short driveway of my parent's home.

Their house isn't anything like the mansion. Mine is a ranch styled home with two bedrooms and one-half bath. The kitchen (the place my mom loves most) isn't grand with marble counters or up-to-date with a double door fridge. It's small and cozy and I'm able to imagine the whole room in its entire warmth.

I look away from the house to Zeus, who watching me, and say, "It's not big like the pack house. And I'm not even sure if you'll be able to fit on my childhood bed." Looking down at my jeans, I give my mate a nervous smile and anxiously move some hair behind my ear.

He immediately reaches for me, surprising me by grabbing both of my hands and pulling them to his mouth. He kisses my knuckles tenderly, and a wave of comfort washes over me.

"I'll sleep on the couch if I have to, Aurora," Zeus states, smiling a reassuring smile. I smile back. "and the size of your home isn't something I care about. I only care about your parents liking me and not telling me to hit the road to a hotel for the two nights."

Some of the nervous butterflies are gone—thanks to Zeus because he made me smile and laugh.

I pull my hands away, lean forward in my seat, and peck Zeus' cheek in my way of thanks. Zeus grins a charming grin as he unbuckles his seat belt. I follow and hop out the SUV. The winter wind hits my face in an angry furry. The wind is so harsh that my eyes water and a few tears slip from the corner of my eyes and turn into mini icicles.

Zeus and I don't bother getting our bags from the back, and instead hurry to the front porch and door. I pound on the door and bounce on my feet to keep warm, and to ignore the flutter of butterflies. Zeus, being immune to the freezing temperature because of his genes, grabs my clenched hands and brings them to his mouth, blowing his warm breath on my freezing phalanges. I giggle when he kisses each cold fingertip, too.

My parent's front door is swung open, which pulls me away from smiling and gazing at Zeus. My mom, so beautiful and wild, has the blonde hair I inherited clipped up in a messy bun and is dressed in comfortable clothing of a t-shirt and jeans.

"Aurora!" Mom happily exclaims, inclosing Zeus and I in a huge, momma bear hug.

Despite the uncomfortable feeling of my hands and arms being squished up against Zeus and my mom, I grin and laugh and almost cry because the familiar smell of my mom's fresh smelling body wash and perfume hits me. Memories of sneaking into her bathroom and spraying her perfume on my neck when I was little causes a chuckle to escape me.