• XXV •

The past few chapters have been super lovey-dovey between Zeus and Aurora, which I'm fine with because they're so cute. But I thought some humor and arguments should be added to break it all up a bit. ;) Enjoy the chapter! -May

My date with Zeus was spectacular.

I never thought he could be so curious or kind, but he surprised me. Our dinner was delicious—some kind of cheesy pasta with vegetables--and the dessert was a warm, thick slice of chocolate cake and strawberries.

I lost count of the minutes and hours Zeus and I spent at the Italian restaurant together while talking, eating, laughing, and arguing. But by the time Zeus paid for our meal, and the time I forced myself to get up, the sky was a dark navy blue and no one was outside at the shops.

With my stomach full, I get inside the SUV while Zeus holds the door for me. I expect him to close my door and get inside the vehicle from his side, but Zeus surprises me again.

Zeus gently touches my arm, and my body reacts to him instantaneously. I feel goosebumps appear along my skin and my entire body shivers. I look at Zeus, wondering what he wants. Zeus grins a lazy grin, tilts his head, and causes my body to warm from his simple kiss.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach like crazy. I find my arms wrapping around Zeus' neck and my mouth parting in encouragement for Zeus to continue to kiss me. A moan escapes me when my tongue hesitantly brushes against Zeus'.

I want more, I think. Suddenly, Zeus pulls back, his blue eyes widened in fear.

"What's wrong?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"I'm not crossing a line? Kissing you like that? Because if so, then I need to know now since I plan on kissing you for the rest of the night." The look Zeus gives me is true, genuine concern, but a form of heat is right behind it.

Oh, dear God. Who knew hearing a sentence come out like that could cause my body to melt? "I like you kissing me, Alpha."

I squeal in surprise when Zeus' blue eyes flash orange and he growls. Zeus rains kisses down my cheeks and neck, nipping and biting. I can't help but awkwardly laugh when Zeus reaches a certain ticklish spot located above the nub of my clavicle.

"You're drunk." Zeus clarifies.

I shake my head; the thought never occurred to me until now. "No, I think tipsy is a better word for me." I run my hand through his hair, causing Zeus to stop sweetly pecking my neck. Zeus lifts his head up, giving me an amused look. "I can't help it. The wine was really good."

"I can tell." Zeus kisses my cheek. "Let's get you home then, Aurora."

I adjust my body before my passenger door is closed. I'm not drunk nor crazily tipsy. I'm just slightly sluggish and really happy at the moment. The SUV shakes from the power behind Zeus closing the door and I feel the vehicle dip from Zeus' weight.

"It's a cold night," Zeus comments as he twists and turns the temperature dials.

I furrow my eyebrows. "But you barely wear coats. Why is that?"

"Wolf genes. I can tell the temperature differences, but it never affects me because of my wolf. The weather has to be fucking cold for me to wear a coat."

"Then why—" I point to the warm air that's now blowing from the vents.

"You get cold, Aurora. I don't want my mate to be an ice cube."

The corners of my lips lift upward in a large, happy smile. In response, Zeus grins a goofy grin and positions the gearshift to drive. While we drive away from the neutral zone and back home, I notice how attractive Zeus looks while driving.