• XXXV •

The long awaited update, y'all. But honestly, school is killing me, so be merciful with requesting updates. I WANT to update, but I PHYSICALLY CAN'T. --_-- Anyway, comment what your least favorite class is so we possibly rant about it in the comments. Mine is geometry. :) Oh, and enjoy the chapter. . . it gets a tad bit cray cray! -May

I do not wake-up like I normally do--as in calm because I'm cuddled up to Zeus, hungry for a good breakfast, and excited for what the day holds. Instead, I wake-up feeling tired while being cuddled up to Zeus, not hungry for a single bite, and nervous as fuck.

After breakfast this morning, I'm having a meeting with all the important people who take care of the pack some way, somehow.

I didn't get any sleep last night because of my racing thoughts, which caused Zeus to not get sleep, too, since he can sense that I'm worried.

Staring at the ceiling, I sigh heavily and turn my body to Zeus with my lips pouted in frustration.

"I didn't sleep at all," I complain out loud to my mate, who has his eyes closed but isn't asleep. "I'm sorry for keeping you up, too."

Zeus' eyelids flutter open and his blue eyes (that I greatly adore) connect to mine. Underneath those blue eyes are faint circles from no sleep. He still looks handsome while I probably look like a zombie, I think.

"I wish you kept me up in a different way," grumbles Zeus as he shifts his large body into a more comfortable position for himself. He looks down my body that's covered by the dark comforter with heated eyes, causing my body to aflame in lust.

I consider crawling onto his waist and kissing his plump lips when I remind myself I need to focus on what's ahead. And unclothing a certain, sexy man, who's in my bed, is not what needs to happen. Even if my body is screaming at me to do so. My thighs clench together when Zeus doesn't stop his staring.

"Stop it," I point out, giving Zeus my most serious look I can muster.

Chuckling, Zeus scoots closer to me and wraps his arm around my waist. Oh, he better not—

"Baby, I'm not doing anything." He is such a liar. I shake my head in disbelief when Zeus gets even more closer to me, searing my body as his bare chest touches my arms and grazes my breasts. My pointed look becomes sharper despite the heaviness my breasts now feel.

I decide to play along with his game. I drop my pointed look and instead look at him with my gray eyes widened in an innocent look. My lips, which are kind of chapped (if I'm being honest), pout in the perfect way I know he loves, and I press my chest right up against his bare one. I glance down at the right moment when Zeus gulps, making his Adam's apple bob. I lean forward and gently peck his neck.

Zeus' body jolts and I pull back while wickedly smiling.

"Late then," I announce and get out of our bed before Zeus can tighten his hold on my waist and keep me in bed for the rest of the day.

Rushing to the bathroom with the comforter a crumbled mess in my wake, I hear Zeus growl out my name in pure aggravation. Once the door is safely locked, I laugh because I beat Zeus at his own game; I'll leave him alone to handle his business then.

I wait in Zeus' office with an empty, grumbling stomach. For breakfast, Rebecca fixed baked apples with cinnamon and brown sugar, but I couldn't eat a single bite because of my thoughts and twisted stomach.

Pulling up a leather chair, Zeus sits beside me while I sit in his large office chair that is extremely comfortable. So big and so comfortable that I could curl up and catch up on the hours of sleep I missed. But I fiddle with my hands, trying to keep my mind on what could happen in the next few minutes, whenever everyone arrives.