♦ Prologue

Hey guys! It's finally time to begin the sequel :D:D! If you're a new reader, I strongly suggest going back to my profile and reading, "The Unusual" because if not, you'll be totally confused! Anyways, I'm trying to make my writing more uniform and sophisticated so hopefully ya'll will like it the same :) Sorry for the little wait but here we goooooo ♥

$$$

Janelle | September

It's crazy how so much can change in a year. A year ago I was a pre-school teacher, a year ago I lived in Los Angeles, a year ago I was an employee and not the boss. You know how they say change is good? Well my friend, they're not lying. After I left LA in December, I transferred to FIT in New York City and graduated in May. Not knowing exactly what to do or where to start, my father generously gave me start-up money to start a store. My store is called Envy and it's a store targeted for young adults and teens. I guess it's just like Forever 21 just smaller and the clothes I pick for the store have a better quality. Sometimes I even sell a few of my designs but not so much yet because I'm still a young designer, I need some time to perfect my craft. Along with my store, I've also started a fashion consultant firm which has been pretty successful. Through that company I've met tons of celebrities and even styled a few. Your girl has connects :)! Diamond, Quincy and Kylie are the three people who I've hired to work in my shop and we've become like family. I met them all through FIT and they've helped me so much with being able to deal with my miscarriage and my breakup and they've made me who I am today, a bigger and better Janelle. Diamond is from the Bronx and she's mad loud and over-the-top but I actually love that about her, she's always ready to pop off at someone if they come at her the wrong way. Kylie is the more calm and logical out of the bunch and she's just mad chill, I can literally talk to her about anything. When I first met Quincy, he was really good-looking butI thought he was gay because of how amazing he dressed and how much he knew about fashion so it surprised me when I found out that he's a straight, single father that has a little baby girl named Michelle, she's so cute!

Because work has become my everything, my dating life is non-existent. Of course I've been asked by a few guys but I haven't even touched another guy since I left LA, I'm not interested in finding anyone because relationships take a huge ass toll on me. Since I have no dating life, designing has become everything to me. It's a way to express myself through clothing which really helps me deal with all the thoughts in my head. I've found myself designing a whole lot of baby clothes though, probably because I'd have love to seen Alanna Nicole wearing something I made.

I admit, I do miss LA. I miss everything about it but I'm just scared. Scared of seeing Michael, Chelsea and Chris. I basically dissappeared on their asses and I just feel that they probably hate me so I'll just stay here, in New York, forever.

~~~

Michael

To say that my life took a total 180 from last year is an understatement. One girl came in my life and turned it around, not necessarily in a good or bad way. When Janelle left LA, she made me realize that I have always but my career before anything and that needed to change. Since then, I've become a full-time dad for King. I've been at every school event, every doctor's appointment, every sporting event, I was there. I guess that's what I am grateful for the most, although she left me, it gave me an opportunity to be closer to my son. Since the time I saw Chyna in the mental institutuion, I've made no type of contact in my life. She fucked up my life and abandoned my son so there isn't a point in me talking to her. I ain't looking for love and it surely ain't looking for me. I've kept my circle small which includes just Chris, Nino, Trell and Mijo and haven't really met anyone new except for Kendra who's this girl I met; Kendra's cool and everything, she kinda does all the shit that Janelle was doing before we got involved with each other like watch King when I need someone and we just hang out. I don't like her anymore than just a friend and I don't think she's into me either which is cool.

Since I'm taking care of King all the time now, I've taken a hiatus from music which is okay because I needed a break anyways. Honestly, I don't know how long the hiatus is going to be but I'm not even worried-- I got enough money to last me five lifetimes. I still perform time-to-time though cause that's what I love to do but I make sure that don't take away anytime from my son.

Even though she left me, I still keep an eye out on Janelle. I just wanna make sure she's doin' alright out in New York an' everything and she looks like she's happy with her life. Sometimes I feel like a pussy 'cause I wonder if she misses me like I miss her or if she ever thinks about me... I guess I'll get over her soon enough but it's gon' take some time. I opened up to her and gave her my heart but I messed that up and she ran because she was in a fragile place. I would give anything to go back in time and just save her from that moment but as we all know, that's impossible.

$$$

So what do you guys think about the beginning? You like it?

How do you feel about how Janelle & Michael's lives are now?

Should they meet again?

Thank you guys for reading!

Don't forget to FCV (Fan|Comment|Vote)! Your feedback gives me life! Also congrats to the casting call winners, Diamond, Kylie and Kendra. If you commented on the cast call and aren't in the story, you either didn't do something right or I'm fitting you in later in the story so check back to what you wrote on the cast call page & keep a look out(::

Love you all ♥♥

xo