♦ Chapter 7

So here's the long awaited chapter! I feel like none of ya'll are gunna expect this...

$$$

Janelle | November

Although I only lived there for about six years, when I landed in LA I felt at home. Everything felt so familiar: the weather, the people, the atmosphere. I felt nervous because I felt as if I left a whole 'nother life here in LA and I'm just stepping back into my old persona. I could've easily avoided these feelings by not showing up but it was time for me to finally come back and come back to what I left behind. I missed this place and I missed the people.

I went up the escalator and entered my old apartment. When I say that everything was exactly the same, I wasn't lying. I left in such a rush that I didn't take any of my belongings except my clothes. All the decor was perfectly in place and it seemed like no one else has been here since I left. The only other people that had a key were Chelsea and Michael but I can understand why they wouldn't wanna come back here. I unpacked my bags in my old room then trailed over to my spare room. I opened the door and just saw dozens of baby products that were for Alanna but were never used. There were so many unopened boxes of diapers, sealed cans of formula and even furniture that I didn't get to assemble yet. What the hell was I going to do with this now?

After I reminisced, I headed to the bathroom to take a shower and refreshed. After I cleaned up, I headed to my room and lathered up in my favorite Bath and Body Works lotion, Sweet Pea. I put applied some deodorant to my underarms then slid on my underwear. Although it was November, it was a nice 78 degrees outside so I got dressed in a black peplum top, denim shorts and my favorite pair of strappy gladiator sandals. I tied my hair up in a sock bun and then applieda little lipgloss and eyeliner. I packed up all the non-used baby stuff then grabbed my purse and headed to my car. I started driving in the direction of the address on the invitation but ended up getting stuck in traffic--that's great because I was already late. I tapped on the steering wheel with my stiletto nail, slowly getting annoyed when my rental car sounded off. "One new text message." It said in an automated voice. I pressed a button on the steering wheel and it read the message, "From King Nico: Hey I just got on my lunch break so I'm sorry I missed your call. You're probably on your way to the party now so I decided not to disturb you. Hope everything goes well over there, don't get into trouble though 'cause you know who you comin' home to. Nah just playing though, call me when you get a chance. Luh you guh." I smiled then finally sped my car up when I exited the pocket of traffic.

When I finally reached the destination, I was amazed. The house was huge and had what looked like an Olympic-sized pool and even a basketball court. I parked at the end of the driveway and withdrew three bags from my trunk. I made my way to the front door and took a deep breath before finally ringing the doorbell. Once I did, I heard a voice yell, "I got it!" I  waited for a moment then the door whipped open with Chelsea standing on the other side. She looked at me in amazement and for a second I thought she was about to get mad at me so I started to say hello but she cut me off. "OH MY GOD JANELLE!" She gasped for a moment then tears started running down her face. I started to cry too, "Hey Chels."

She wiped her tears then said, "I'm so happy you're here! I didn't even know you were coming! Oh my goodness, come in girl!" She pulled me into the house by my arm and drug me into the living room. I recognized a few faces that were engaged in random conversations like Trell, Nino and Mijo but other faces were foreign. Chris entered the room and his eyes lit up when he saw me, "Woah, is that my nigga Janelle?"

I smiled and responded, "Yeah, it's me."

"Damn girl, it's been a minute." He ran over to me and hugged me tight, "I missed yo' ass."