♦ Chapter 18

Janelle |

I entered my old house and walked into the kitchen where I thought my parents would be. Of course I was right, they were all cuddled up in a corner just lovingly staring in each other's eyes. I swear my parents were the cutest couple, and I wasn't embarrased to say so.

"Hi guys." My voice interrupted the little they were having.

"Hola mija." My father spoke.

"Hey Janelle, what's up?" My mother smiled at me.

"You guys might want to sit down, I have to tell you something."

"What's up?" My father asked.

"Guys... Voy a revolver a Los Angeles..." I couldn't even speak the words in English, I was too nervous.

"For a trip?" My dad tried to clarify.

"No papi... to live."

"I knew it." My mother said, surprisingly calm.

"What?"

"Once Michael came here to take care of you while you were sick, I knew he wasn't going to leave without you."

"Oh."

"That kid loves you mija." My dad added.

"I know daddy, I know."

"So when are you leaving?" My mom asked.

"Wait, so you're not mad or anything?"

She shook her head, "No. It's your life Janelle, do what you feel is right. We know he's a good kid and we know that he loves you and cares for you so we're not upset that you're going with him."

"I'm just gunna be upset that you're leaving us again." My dad said.

"Aww papi, I'll come and visit like I used to."

"Alright Janelle. But really, when do you plan on leaving?"

I ran my fingers through my hair as I thought, "Well, I have a few loose ends to tie up here and I gotta rent the place in LA and all that stuff so maybe in like a month."

"Is Michael going to stay here all this time?"

"Nah. I won't let him. He has to get back to his son and everything so I'm sending him on his way like soon, very soon."

"Are you guys together or what?" My mom asked, being her nosy self.

"I don't know actually... We're something."

"You should probably figure that out soon... preferably before you get on that plane and leave with him Janelle."

"I know, I know, I'll ask him eventually ma. It's no big deal."

"Well alright, I just want everything to be settled when you go off to LA."

"It will ma." I rolled my eyes, starting to get annoyed a little bit.

"Don't get mad Janelle," My father sensed my annoyance, "We're just making sure that everything is going to be okay for you."

I walked up to them and pinched their cheeks, "Mommy and daddy, everything is going to be fine, I promise."

"Okay Janelle, we believe you. Just make sure you come and visit us more than you did last time, I can't go a whole year without seeing my daughter."

"I'll come and visit every four months, okay?"

"At the least." My mom said.

"Yeah alright ma." I shook my head and smiled, I'm going to miss the hell out of these two.

Janelle | June

I hugged my parents one last time and tried my hardest to hold back my tears.

"Call me when you land, okay?" My mom sniffled.

I nodded, "I will."

"And hit me up on FaceTime." My father said and I chuckled, he was finally adapting to all this technology. 

"And if you ever get tired of the LA food, just let me know and I'll send something to your apartment."

"Mami, I'll be fine, I know how to cook."

"Just not that well."

"Ma!"

She laughed, "I'm kidding Janelle. Have a safe flight though."

"United Airlines Flight 342 to Los Angeles, rows 1 to  10 now boarding."

"That's us guys." I said to Quincy and his daughter Michelle, they were flying out with me. I turned back to my parents and kissed them both on their cheeks and waved goodbye as the three of us made our way to the gate. We showed the flight attendant our boarding passes then made our way to first class where Q and his daugher sat across from me. I looked out the window and just let my mind wander as the flight attendants did their little safety precautions bit and the pilot said his little spiel. My stomach began to flutter with excitement as the pilot began taxiing and finally took off.

Los Angeles, here I come.

$$$

Blaah, sorry the last two chapters sucked but now that's she's back in LA, everything will be good (: