♦ Chapter 21

Michael | Three Months Later

"So how are you and Janelle doing?" Chris asked as he shot the basketball and made it in.

"We aight. Matter fact we better than aight. I'm glad I got her ass back here, I needed her back with me. She kept me cool."

"Yeah I see. Y'all ain't even got into yo' little petty arguments or nun."

"I was surprised at that too but I guess that when we finally realized what it's like to be without each other, we stopped fighting over stupid shit and just calmly talked it out."

"Calmly? There ain't no calm with Janelle."

"Word, it's weird because like every time a conversation would begin to escalate, she'd just fall back and be like 'I can't afford to be stressed out'."

"Yo..." He passed the ball to me, "It sounds like she pregnant."

"Nah... it ain't that. I'm sure."

"Really? 'Cause I remember after I knocked up C, she calmed her little ass down because she didn't wanna stress out the baby. I mean, has J been getting her period?"

"Nah, now that I think about it no but I ain't really pay attention to none of that."

"Nigga, you know you pay attention to when Janelle ain't giving it up? She been holding back?"

"I guess not."

"She pregnant then."

"You really think so?"

"Nigga I'm ninety percent positive. I mean damn, her and Chelsea are out shopping for baby clothes right now."

"Nig, that's 'cause you got a child."

He shrugged and snatched the ball away from me, "It doesn't mean that you ain't got one in her right now either."

Damn, was he right?

Janelle

"Oh my goodness Chelsea, this little man is so cute." I cooed as I snuggled Christian.

"I know, my baby boy is gunna be macking so hard when he gets older. He better not get no young hoe pregnant though because I'm not tryna raise another baby."

"Calm down Chels, it's too early to be getting mad over that."

"I know, I know. I just can't help but think of the future when I'm holding him... or talking to Chris... just being around my family has me so happy all the time. Even with all the shit that Chris goes through all the time, I'm trying to help him and he's helping me as well."

"Aww, that's so cute." I wiped away an invisible tear and Chelsea flipped me the bird.

"So what's good with you and Ty? How have y'all been?"

"We've been really good actually, no fights... nothing. We're in a really good place and everything just feels really good. I'm getting so attached to him and King and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing."

"Bih! You know that's a good thing, you love that little boy and eventually you and Ty are going to get married so it's good that you're already close like you are. Then after your married you're gunna start popping out babies and you'll be happier than ever."

"Imagine." I laughed, "I'm not getting pregnant for a long while. The first one took a toll on me and I'm not ready for that again."

"You sure?  'Cause I could've sworn you were knocked up right now."

"What?! Why?"

"Because you've been so happy lately and you're glowing forreal, so I just figured you might me."