♦ Chapter 13

Janelle | January

"Damn, I still can't believe I'm at Chris Brown's wedding." Q whispered in my ear and I gave him a little smile. About a month has passed and I've returned to LA to attend the wedding. Q just so happened to have his True Religion interview this week so I invited him to be my date. Although he was my date, nothing was going on between us... not a thing. We have separate rooms and everything, I was still a little upset over my breakup with Nico, I know he did what he did for me but he was a really great guy and it's hard for me to give something like that up. The wedding part had already passed, Chelsea and Chris were officially married and now we were at the reception. Being the maid of honor, I sat at the first table where all of the people in the wedding sat with their dates. I was seated next to Jade and across from me of course, was Michael. He kept staring at Quincy, I guess because he thought that was my new man or something. I was on baby duty so I cradled baby Christian in my arms as he quietly babbled and fell in and out of sleep. I was searching around for my love King, and spotted him over with Passionaye but I hadn't gotten a chance to speak to them yet.

Christian grabbed onto my finger with his whole hand as Chris stepped on the stage and began to speak. "I guess it's my time to speak and profess my love for this woman right here." He gestured to Chelsea as we all chuckled. "Well damn, I don't know where to start. To this day, I've known Chelsea for about 87 weeks and 5 days. That seems like a long time but I swear, that ain't anything. From the day I met her, I knew she was something special so it was inevitable that we'd end up starting a family and getting married hella fast. That was something the press couldn't get enough of... Chris Brown getting involved with another woman and getting her pregnant then marrying her. I swear, stuff like that used to bother me so much because even after all the crazy stuff that I've done, I still wanted to get the approval of everyone but when I got with Chelsea, she calmed me down and it was only for one reason... I didn't care what anyone else thought except for her. Every decision that I made, everything I did, I wanted to make her proud to first be my girl, then the mother of my child and now my wife. By wanting to be better for her, I've become a better person and I have no one to thank for except for her... and of course my mama." Chris smiled as we "aww-ed". "Chelsea is just that type of person who brings happiness into your life and if you're upset about something or sad or whatever, she'll do anything to brighten your day. I know plenty of people here have experienced that first hand." I nodded. He turned to Chelsea and smiled, "Baby, I'm glad you chose me to start a life with because without you, I'd be nothing. Youv'e brought so many good things into my life and now, I'll do the same for you. You deserve nothing but the best outta life and I'd give my all to you. I love you babygirl."

We all applauded as he sat back down and Chelsea stood up, grabbing the mic from him. "Wow... how am I supposed to follow that?" She joked and ran her fingers through her hair, "Yes I guess it's true, Chris has known me for 87 weeks and 5 days but I've known Chris since I was 15 and he was 16. I was that one annoying teenager who would change her name to 'Mrs. Chelsea Lincoln-Brown' and was obsessed with him although I knew the reality of my dream or just to even meet him was slim to none. So it was crazy that on some random April day while hanging out with Janelle, I met him. And let me tell ya'll something, when I met him, I felt something. And no, it wasn't just those butterflies of meeting someone famous, I was like a feeling of fullness--I was now complete, I found who I belonged with. I could speak on everything I love about this man, but I'd be here all day. He's so full of life, compassionate, friendly, everything a girl would want. He's an amazing father to Christian and I couldn't ask for anymore in a soul. This big, crazy dream of mine has come true and I'm so happy I met Chris because he wasn't just my childhood/celebrity crush, he's my soulmate and I know it, he's irreplaceable."

By this time, I was crying buckets to Q handed me a tissue, "You such a crybaby Nelle."

I chuckled and replied, "Shutup. This is just really sweet."