♦ Chapter 17

Janelle |

After another two days at home, I ended up feeling way better so I decided to come to work today. There was a knock on the door then Kylie opened it. "You said you wanted to see us?"

I nodded, "Yeah, you guys come in." Kylie, Diamond and Quincy shuffled in my office and sat in the chairs across from my desk.

"What's up?" Diamond asked.

"I know I wasn't supposed to share this information just yet but Q got an internship offer from True Religion."

"OH MY GOD REALLY?!" Kylie jumped up from her seat.

"THAT'S AMAZING QUINCY!" Diamond cheered right along side of her. 

"Thanks but I told Janelle not to say anything 'cause I wasn't sure if I'm taking the offer." He shot me an annoyed look.

"Why not?" The girls both said at the same time while calming down and sitting back in their seats.

"It's not a paid internship and I need to have financial stability for me and Jasmine."

"I still think you should do it Q, it's an amazing opportunity." Diamond said.

"Agreed." Kylie and I said.

"I just don't wanna risk it." He shook his head.

"You'll find a job out there Q." Kylie responded.

"Correction-- You ALREADY have a job out there Q." I said with a smirk on my face.

"What are you talkin' about Janelle?" He asked, confused.

"I didn't tell you guys earlier but a while ago, I got an offer to open another store in LA and I've decided to do it. I was concerned at first 'cause I'd need to hire people I can trust since I was going to relenquish my managerial duties but I didn't know where to start. Then I realized that Q has a chance to be in LA to do what he loves and until he gets a paid job at TR, he can work at the new store for however long he wants."

"You forreal Janelle?"

I nodded.

He grinned then got up and hugged me, "You're a good ass friend man."

"Yeah you really are." Kylie smiled.

"Congrats Quincy." Diamond hugged him.

"Thanks ya'll." He sat back down and I continued, "However, I realized though you might not wanna manage a women's clothing store so there's gunna be two stores, connected to each other and one's gunna be Envy and the other's gunna be Envy for Men."

"That's coo." He nodded. "So there's gunna be two managers?"

"Nah, you're gunna be the manager of both but since it's a lot of work to do both, you can hire two assistant managers, one for the girl's side and one for the guy's side."

"So I'm the head nigga in charge?"

"Mhm."

"That's mad cool."

"I'm glad you're happy." I then turned my attention to Diamond and Kylie, "Since all three of ya'll were at the same time, I thought it would only be fair that everyone gets promoted. You two will be co-managers. I know working everyday is a pain in the ass so I figured an ideal schedule will be one of ya'll can work Monday through Wednesday and the other can work Thursday through Saturday and then you guys can alternate Sundays."

"Oh my God Janelle! Are you serious?" Kylie screamed.

"Yes girl." I smiled.

"Thank you so much!" Diamond happy-danced around the office.

"Wait," Kylie paused for a second, "If Diamond and I are co-managers here and Q is gunna be the manager in LA, what are you gunna do?"

"I'm moving guys, going back to LA."

"What?" All three of them said at the same time.

"I've decided to go back to California. Everything I want is there."

"Does this have anything to do with Tyga?" Diamond questioned.

I nodded, "He convinced me to come back and it feels right. I mean yes, New York is my home and I'll always love it but big parts of my life were left back in LA when I dipped out and I need to return, I hope you guys understand that. I never, ever wanna leave you guys but I love that man with all of my heart and I want to be with him and he wants to be with me so there's no logical or emotional reason for me not to go back."

"I understand. I'm just gunna miss you." Diamond frowned.

"Me too... and Quincy. The cuatro amigos are gunna be split up." Tears were already rolling down Kylie's face.

"Damn, ya'll are gunna make me cry." I took a deep breath, "You guys don't know how hard it was for me to make this decision but it's a good career move for all four of us and it's a good personal move for me. We'll still see each other a lot." I felt a tear run down my cheek and I wiped it away.

"Don't cry ya'll." Quincy pulled us all up form our chairs and got into a group hug.

If it was so hard telling my work family the news, it was gunna be horrible telling my real family what was going to happen.