♦ Chapter 2

So the next two chapters are gunna be kinda short! Just a heads up!

$$$

Janelle | September 

I was working the store by mysef since this was Kylie's day off and  Q and Diamond were out a lunch. I began to redress some mannequins when I heard the door chime. I looked up and I saw that Nico guy from last night walking in.

"Hey, Janelle right?" He asked.

"Yeah and you're Nico, right?" I said jokingly mimicking him.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"What's up?" I had no idea what he was here for but it was kind of awkward.

"Diamond told me a while ago that she worked here so I thought I'd come and check up on her, see how she's doing from last night."

"Aww, that's really sweet but Diamond's out to lunch right now."

"Damn, I feel mad dumb now." He bit his lip which made me blush, he was a good looking guy.

"Don't, you were doing something nice. I'll tell her you stopped by unless you wanna hang around here. She'll probably be back soon."

"Nah, I gotta get going actually but could you tell her to hit me up?"

"Yeah sure, no problem." I smiled at him.

"And I know this might be mad forward of me but I was wondering if I could get your number."

I thought about it for a second and said, "I would but I'm not really looking for a relationship or anything like that right now." I walked over to another display and he trailed behind me. "We can be friends... for now." He said the last part of the sentence lowly, thinking I didn't hear him.

I chuckled then said, "Fine, you can have it. No funny business though." I grabbed his phone and put my contact info in. "Text me sometime." I said.

"Iight, thanks Janelle, I'll see you around." He nodded at me then walked out the store.

Damn, that was fast.

***

I popped my trunk, retrieved my groceries and truged up the stairs to my front door. I opened my front door and exhaustedly pushed all the bags in. Once I got in, I put away all the groceries and started cooking hamburgers and french fries. My phone began ringing so I ran over to the living room and slid my finger on the screen, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hola mija."

"Oh hey ma, what's up?"

"Nothing much, your father is annoying me so I figured I'd call you."

"Aww, what did Papi do now?"

"He thought it'd be cute to bring me home a gift since he's been working so hard lately and he hasn't been home a lot so he bought us a little puppy but he forgot that I was allergic so when told him that we couldn't keep it, he said I was ungrateful. Like is that what you call your esposa?"

"Nah mami, he was wrong. So what are you gunna do with the little guy?"

"Yo no se, I'm trying to find someone to give it to but it's hard since I can't touch it or even be in the same room as it or else I'd do into anaphalactic shock and I'm not tryna do that."

"I understand... Hey, how about I take the little puppy off your hands and I'll find someone to give it to?"

"Are you sure about that Janelle?"

"Yes ma, it's perfect! I'm all alone in this condo and I need some company for now so it'll be good for me and you. It's a win-win."

"Alright, if you say so... When do you wanna pick him up?"

"I can get him tonight after I eat."

"Ooh, whatcha eating?"

"I'm making hamburguesas."

"Oh, alright. I guess I'll see you in a little while then."

"Alright ma, I'll see you soon." I hung up the call and finished cooking. Once I finished eating my delicious meal, I grabbed up my purse and headed back out the door. I walked down to my mailbox and opened it since I forgot to get to it when I came inside. I looked through all the mail until I saw something that caught my eye. I opened up a bright neon green envelope and inside there was an invitation that read:

We're Finally Settled In!

Two households now become one. Please join us for some housewarming fun! Chelsea and Christopher are holding a housewarming party! 

25 Harriman Drive, Calabasas CA 91302 | November 14th, 2014

RSVP to Chelsea at 310-555-3925 by October 8th

I guess I'm going back to Cali.

$$$

Woooo! Are you guys excited!? Janelle's headed back, but not just yet!

Do ya'll think Janelle should give Nico a chance?

Don't forget to Fan|Comment|Vote

Thanks for reading!♥♥♥

P.S. Follow me on twitter! @awndrayuh (;