9.

Jennifer's POV

It's the day before my first Vegas residency show, and I've been rehearsing like crazy. Everything has to be perfect, so I'm making sure every costume change, lighting, and stage transitions are running smoothly. I'm just glad my dancers are keeping up with my crazy demands, and maintaining their energy.

I left Yara back in L.A. for the time being  because she gets bored easily & plus she's still working. Now of course she's not at home by herself, although she could've if she wanted. I do trust her, but my mom flew down from New York to watch Yara, and also see my show in Vegas.

It's past lunch time, and I told everyone to take an hour break. I decided to chill in my dressing room & FaceTime my big baby. It rang a few times, but she finally answered.

"Hey Mommy! I miss you!" Yara said into the phone. I was taking my practice heels off, and getting comfy on the couch.

"Hey baby! I miss you too. What have you been up to?" I asked.

"Uhhhh you see...I just woke up so I'm about to find something to eat." She said.

"What you mean you just now waking up. It's almost 2 pm. Weren't you suppose to be on set?" I asked.

"No ma. Chill...I thought I told you I had just 1 day's worth of filming because I'm not really in this week's episode." She said.

"Tell me to chill one more time little girl. I'm not one of your lil friends Yara." I said. This child can work my nerves when she want to.

"See you just fussing at me for no reason. Lighten up ma. You have less than 24 hours until your first concert!" I rolled my eyes, but smiled. "Anyways...get nana on the phone. I'll call you later on tonight okay?" I said.

"Alright mommy. Love you!" Yara said.

"Love you too." There was shuffling on the phone, and then my mom appeared on the screen. We talked the rest of my break as I ate lunch in my dressing room. After I wrapped up the FaceTime call & threw away my trash, I met back up with my band & dancers and started rehearsals again.
~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV
It's been almost a week since Yara & Jenn came to visit Houston, and I was missing them like crazy. One thing I missed was the friendship I once had with Jennifer, and now the relationship I want to build with Yara. I'm so happy Yara and I been texting each other almost everyday, and talk on the phone. I found that she's more open through texts messages, but hopefully she'll be the same when we're together or when I call more.

Once Jenn & Yara left for L.A., I had flew back to New York the next day. Jennifer mentioned  she's having a residency in Vegas so I'm going to show up and surprise her at the concert. I know she's going to perform her ass off, and make it a great show! I want to try to get back to the close friendship, almost sisterhood we had. I don't have many close friends since I basically shut people out most of my life for the sake of my career, but all that's over.

Jennifer's first show is on Wednesday, but I'm attending her Friday show. I'm so excited!
~~~~~
Yara's POV

After giving my grandma my phone & flipping through the TV channels until they finished, we went to the kitchen. Nana already had food cooking on the stove. She cooks dinner early in the day, and from the pan I already knew what it was: arroz con pollo!

"Nana! You made me arroz con pollo?! Yessss you the real MVP!" I hugged her and lifted the top off the skillet to get a whiff of the aroma.

"You know it's funny how you can't speak Spanish fluently, yet you know and speak every Puerto Rican dish perfectly." She shook her head. I laughed and went to the fridge to heat up some leftovers. When nana comes, expect the fridge to be loaded with food. Mommy can cook, but nana's is a whole 'nother level.

"So your mama said we're flying out in the morning so make sure you start packing your things & washing any clothes you may need to take." She said as I took my food out the microwave.

"Yes ma'am." I replied.

"So...have you talked to Beyoncé lately?" She asked. Mommy filled her in on everything that happened in Houston before she left for Vegas.

"She texts me like everyday & sends me good morning texts. I like that she's making the effort, but it's all still weird ya know?" I said. My grandma placed the wooden spoon deep into the food, and turned the eye on the stove down a bit.

"I remember when you were first born and Beyoncé still had you. You were so precious and beautiful. We all saw the love both girls had for you because they were truly like sisters. And even with the situation now, I'm still very proud to be your nana." She said. I went to hug her as we had our "moment" and continued  talking, laughing, and eating.
~~~~
Nighttime
I'm almost done packing, and I can't wait to see my mom! It's only been two days but still...I'm a mommy's girl at heart. When you actually think about it, I have no choice but to be close to her (lmao).😩

I placed my makeup bag in my carryon bag, & rolled everything I was taking downstairs. My grandma already had her things ready, so all I had to do was lay out my travel clothes & head to bed.

Vegas here I come!