26.

Yara's POV 2017

Lately I've been in red carpet overload, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to go crazy! If I'm not working on Blackish, I'm spending my weekends catching up on homework and going to awards and work-related events

Lately I've been in red carpet overload, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to go crazy! If I'm not working on Blackish, I'm spending my weekends catching up on homework and going to awards and work-related events. It's cool playing dress up but at some point it gets redundant & loses its excitement. I know in a couple of weeks my next show is the NAACP Image Awards & the cool thing is that it's the day after my 17th birthday!
~~~~
Few weeks later
Yara's birthday

My alarm clocked blared Chance the Rapper's Sunday Candy & I smiled really wide. Who smiles at 8am on a Friday? This birthday girl!Unfortunately I have work, though. We've actually been on hiatus at Blackish so today is just a table read to prepare for next week's filming.

I got up to shower and blasted my music throughout my room. After I put my shirt on, I recorded myself dancing to Lil Uzi Vert and uploaded it on Instagram. I chose my favorite American Eagle bomber to wear & looked to find my glasses.

Frustrated, I left out my room and went to my mom's. Mama Bey that is. Her place is way closer to set so I practically live here when I have to work.

"Ma....Ma!" I kept shaking her but she would not budge. Throwing water on her would be doing too much so I settled for music. She never locks her phone so I scrolled through Apple Music and randomly selected Shawty Lo's "They Know." In a past life I'm sure I'd be from Atlanta. That's why I seriously thinking about attending Spelman.

I went to her speakers to pair her Bluetooth and turned the volume all the way up. I pressed play and it felt like her entire room was booming.

"L-O, L-O, Dey Know...Shawty Lo I got flavor...." My mom shot up and looked pissed. She looked like she about to beat me. Oh well it's my birthday!

Beyoncé's POV

I'm peacefully sleeping and all of a sudden I hear loud ass music. Why the hell is my room booming with Shawty Lo. I look up and I see Yara dancing like a fool in front of me.

"YARA! What the hell! Turn that off." I yelled.

"C'mon! It's my birthday!" She kept dancing and then changed the music to Outkast Hey Ya! I shook my head and couldn't even be mad. I mean it is her 17th birthday.

"C'mon Ma. Dance with me!"

Her hair was flying all over the place. I took the covers from my body and ended up dancing with her. She ran out the room and came back with her phone. I already knew she was recording. I look a mess but I don't care.

"Shake it, shake it...shake it like a Polaroid picture!" I sang into the phone and turned it over once it got to our favorite part that mentions me. Yep, ya girl is mentioned in this song. I grabbed the phone from Yara and turned it to record her dancing.

"Now all Beyoncé's and Lucy Lu's...and baby girls, get on the floor, you know what to do." We kept dancing until the song ended and I realized she has work today.