15.

Yara's POV

Before my mom and I leave for New York to see Hamilton, we're going to therapy with BB and then out to lunch. Waiting to be called, I kinda felt nervous because I didn't realize I still have pint up anger towards BB, but I do. I've always masked my feelings so it'll be an experience what the therapist can get out of me.

"The Lopez family you can enter Dr. Hightower's office now." The receptionist told us. We all walked in and greeted the therapist.

"So welcome everyone. Tell me why you're here." She asked us.

"Well to start at the beginning, Beyoncé is Yara's biological mother, but I became her guardian when she was a baby so I'm the mother she's always known. A few months ago the family sat down & broke the need to Yara & now we've been building relationships all around-not just Yara, but with me getting my friendship back with Beyonce as well." My mom said. The therapist grabbed her pen from her desk & starting taking notes.

"Today I wanted us to be here because for the past couple of nights before Yara's sweet 16 birthday party, she's been having scary nightmares & I don't think it's healthy for her to be having." My mom continued.

"Yara what are your dreams about?" Dr. Hightower asked me.

"I dream about Beyoncé leaving me & forgetting all about me. It then becomes a heated fight between us & when I get her to stay I ask about my dad. As she's about to tell me, I always wake up." I said. She jotted some more notes down.

"Is this your first time hearing this Beyoncé?" She asked.

"Yes and Yara I want you to know that I would never leave you anymore. I have always loved you and I gave you up to Jennifer because I loved you that much. Being a teen mom was the hardest thing I've ever experienced & I wasn't strong enough to raise you." BB said.

I started to cry a little, and BB came to sit beside me so I was now in the middle. She wrapped her arm around me as my mom handed me a tissue.

"Why are you crying Yara?" The therapist asked. Isn't it obvious? She jotted something on her notepad & I wish I could read what she wrote.

"I'm crying because I appreciate BB getting to know me more & stuff but in my mind I'm thinking like, 'don't get too attached cause she's just gonna disappear & never see about me' so I try not to get too close." I said. BB rubbed my back as I kept talking.

"And then there's the whole father issue." I added.

"The bulk of your bad dreams is about your newfound relationship with Beyoncé, but a lot of it is feelings that she'll leave you like the father you never have and knew about. Accepting Beyoncé in your life won't replace the void you still have from that missing father figure." The doctor said.

"And that was my biggest concern raising Yara. My past relationships have always been public, but I've never had Yara get attached to who I dated; always keeping them distant from her. I didn't realize it affected her that much until now." My mom said.

"Do you want to discuss your dad now or have a one on one talk with Beyoncé ?" Dr. Hightower asked. I shook my head no.

"I want to talk with BB, but not here." I replied.

"And that's perfectly fine. I think you and Beyoncé should talk that out. Jennifer you keep being a listening ear to Yara & keep doing what you're doing. I would like to schedule another appointment with y'all in a couple of weeks to see your progress." Dr. Hightower said. We all shook her hand, and left her office.
~~~~~
*Lunch*
Beyoncé's POV
After the therapy session, we decided to go eat lunch & once we pulled up to the restaurant, we got a private room to eat. We definitely don't need anyone eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Hi I'm Karla & I'll be your waitress for the day. What can I get you ladies to drink?" She asked. I ordered a strawberry lemonade, Yara chose a Sprite, and Jenn a Diet Coke. She left and gave us time to look over the menu.

"So I think the session turned out good. How you feel Yara?" Jenn asked.

"I think it was cool. I didn't expect to cry so much." Yara said.

"There's nothing wrong with crying. I'm glad you were able to get everything off your chest." I said.

"Yeah it felt good to express myself." She said.
"When would you like to know about your dad? I know y'all leave for New York in a few hours so maybe once you come back?" I asked. Jenn shrugged her shoulders.

"It's all up to Yara." Jenn said.

"I kinda can't wait for a one on one talk so I think I wanna know now about my dad." Yara said. I sighed  because when Jennifer hears who her real father is, she's going to be pissed. Not necessarily because of who the person is, but because of the circumstances surrounding him.

I sat my menu down & looked clasped my hands together. "Well...he's-"

TO BE CONTINUED! LOL

******COMMENT & VOTE******