18.

Yara's POV

I'm at the Idol set and chilling in my mom's dressing room

I'm at the Idol set and chilling in my mom's dressing room. I haven't visited the set as often as I'd like to this season, but I'm glad they're down to the final four contestants.

"Ma...if La'Porsha Renae doesn't win, I'm never watching Idol again." I said as she came out of the bathroom. She looked at me funny.

"Well don't watch then, but it's the farewell season so where the hell you gon find more seasons? BLOOP!" She said. I smacked my teeth.

"Please don't say 'bloop' ma. Who do you think you are, Nene Leakes?" I said laughing. She mushed my head and sat in her makeup chair.

"Why are you even here anyways. Don't you have friends to do stuff with?" She said.

"Don't you want your favorite daughter here at work? I drove allllll the way down here to follow you around." I said. She playfully rolled her eyes. "Oh joy." She said.

"Isn't it cool how we're both matching today?" I gushed. I wrapped my arms around her neck & squeezed her tight.

"Yara it's too hot for all that. Back away please." My mom said. I went back to her couch & pulled my phone out to scroll through Twitter.

"You're the one wearing that jumpsuit, looking like you bout to start trapping back in the Bronx. It's like 90 degrees outside. I know you burning up" I said. Her face was on mute & I busted out laughing. Like, literally dying laughing.

"You think you real funny Yara. What's gonna be funny is when I turn your cell phone off." I stopped laughing and gave her a straight face. She thought that was the most hilarious joke she ever said. She so lame.

"Ma I have a serious question to ask." I said. She looked at me through the mirror and waited.

"How come you have beef with Mariah Carey?" I asked. She looked puzzled.

"Beef? What are you talking about?" She said.

"It's all over social media how y'all be going back and forth talking about 'I don't know her' or 'she's forgetful.'" I said. She chuckled.

"Oh that. I never started that "so-called" beef. And plus Andy Cohen & Wendy asked me questions about that old ass video Mariah said about me back in the day & I simply responded." She said. I shook my head.

"Y'all can't be old and out here throwing shade like that." I said laughing. She rolled her eyes.

"Girl please. I'm too fine & Mariah WISH she looked as good as me." My mom said tossing her hair around. I laughed at her antics.

"Oh before I forget, I have a few engagements with Pitbull to perform, so I can't make it to the White House Easter Egg Roll with you. I know you're headed to Bey's later so see if she'll want to go." My mom said. I never thought about asking her to come with me. Hopefully she can.