13.

Yara's POV

My alarm blasted with "Feeling So Good," one of my favorite songs from my mother, and I instantly smiled

My alarm blasted with "Feeling So Good," one of my favorite songs from my mother, and I instantly smiled. Today's my actual 16th birthday, and even though I have work & no bday plans, I'm still excited.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Yara...happy birthday to you!" My mom came into my room with a tray filled with my favorite breakfast meal. She even had a candle lit into my chocolate chip pancakes. I smiled and blew out my candle.

"Thank you mommy! All of my favorites!" She brought me a glass of CranApple juice, chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, & a bowl of mixed fruit.

"I know you have Blackish in a few so go ahead & eat & get dressed. And after you finish shooting, there may be a surprise for you." I had a blank look on my face. Knowing my mom, she either has a really good surprise for me or could just be playing.

She walked out my room and I relished in the fact that I'm 16!
~~~~~
Making my way to my trailer, I nearly tripped from walking. "Ouch!" I looked down at my feet & saw a bunch of potatoes leading towards the door. I then saw a pink sign that read: Happy Sweet 16 Yara. I smiled at the sweet gesture from the Blackish crew.

Every potato had a different DJ Khaled inspirational message, & I immediately posted it on Twitter. "Yara after set & your school session, Bey is gonna pick you up. I have an interview to do for Shades of Blue," my mom said.

"Okay. Have fun." She kissed my cheek and headed out. I guess BB is my surprise for the day. She's been working a lot ever since we got back from New York, and I can't wait to see her.

"Okay so this is your look for today," My stylist said, as the makeup artist, and hair dresser went to work.

*After school*

"Bye Yara! Happy birthday again!" My little TV sister, Marsai Martin aka Diane said to me. All of my TV family gave me gifts before I left set, so my arms were struggling to hold everything.

"Happy birthday sweetie! " I placed all of my gifts in the back of BB's car and got in the passenger seat. I leaned in to hug her really tight & she pulled off.

"It's nice to see you BB." I said.

"I'm happy to see you too. I missed you since our New York trip." She said.

"Yeah that was fun. Where are we going ?" I asked.

"Umm where do you wanna go. The day is all yours birthday girl." She replied.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. Hmmm. Shopping never hurts.

"I think I wanna go shopping and get my nails & feet done...then lunch, & I guess that's it for now." I said smiling.

"All that huh? Well I guess we're doing all of that then." We laughed and I turned up the radio as we drove.
~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV

~~~~~Beyoncé's POV