3

I woke up eager to go back to the forest. There were so many questions that haunted me. Harold was a ghost, a beautiful ghost.

I placed my feet evenly on the floor and walked to my closet. I removed my sleeping clothes. I slipped on a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans. I removed my baggy T-shirt and replaced it with a solid white T-shirt.

I tip toed to my dresser and pulled out some socks. Once my socks were on I put my rain boots back on my feet. I then grabbed my rain coat and went out the back door.

I put my jacket on as I walked towards the trees. I followed the path to the creek. I humming as I got near the creek.

Harry was sitting on the stump, his lips hummed a slow melody. My heart fluttered when I seen him, he made me extremely nervous.

"Hello." He greeted into the early morning sky.

"Goodmorning." I said walking towards him.

"Let's go for a walk." He said standing to his feet.

He began to walk further into the woods, causing me to follow. I walked to his side and looked at his gorgeous curls that rested on his shoulders.

"I can tell something is bothering you." He confessed filling the silence.

"Um, yeah well there is something bothering me, but it isn't that important." I nervously said as my heart began to race.

"If it is bothering you, then it is important." He said looking down at me. "You can trust me."

"It's just that my grandparents have a picture of you. You were dressed in a union army uniform. I asked my grandfather to tell me about you, and he said that you served in the army with his great grandfather." I confessed what had been worrying me.

"Well, I guess that it's time to explain." He said stopping in his tracks.

"Explain what?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"Promise me that you won't run away, that you won't tell the secret of my people. Promise me, Nina." He said lowly.

"I I promised." I stuttered, my heart picking up speed again.

Harry stared off into the distance as he began to his story.

"Gunshots were being fired from every direction. I panicked, it was my first war, I had no clue what to do. I knew that I couldn't take lives that didn't belong to me. I fought in the Union army for the civil war. I was young and unfocused. My mind was racing as I looked around for safety, that's when I was shot in the side of my stomach. I fell to my knees, the Confederacy left me for dead. Sergeant Samuel Johnson came to my rescue. He carried me to safety, in an abandoned house. He left me on the cold ground to find medical treatment for me. That's when I met Liam. He gave me a choice to live or die. I chose life as you can tell. He told me that it would be different than anything I have ever experienced. He drained the blood out of my body, if he left I would have died. I confirmed that I wanted to live when he asked again. He cut his wrist and put it on my lips. He demanded me to drink, and when  I did my body aches and burned. He pulled his wrist away from me as I screamed and followed on the ground in pain. The pain soon stopped as I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up, Liam was standing at my bedside. He told me that I would never be in pain again, I will never tire, nor would I die. He taught me to hunt and how to live the life that I live now." Harry said looking down at me for a response.

I was amazed at his story. It sounded crazy, like something in a movie. I didn't want to believe him, but I did. I could feel the truth in his voice as each word fell from his lips.

"So, you're a vampire?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

He laughed, "yes, but that term is overused to much. I prefer, as well as my friends, to be addressed as pale skins. It sounds so much better than vampires."

"There are more of you?" I asked way to calmly as a killer stood in front of my eyes.

"Well, of course, a convenient if you would. We are a mix of friends." He laughed.

"Can I meet them?" I asked.

Why was I still talking to him, he has killed before. He could kill me, but I didn't care. I trusted him. For some reason I felt like he was my protector.

"Not today." He said causing me to frown.

"OK." Was all I said as my eyes went to the dirt floor of the forest.

"Maybe tomorrow, meet me at the creek at two in the morning." He smiled.

"Why so early?" I asked looking into his auburn eyes.

"You will see." He smiled walking away.

I decided to head back to my grandparents house as the sun was beginning to rise. I followed the trail out of the woods and soon was in the back yard.

I sighed as I neared the house. Harry wasn't a ghost, he was a vampire. Was this real, or was I dreaming. I couldn't tell anymore. It was all surreal.

I opened the back door and entered the clean, Victorian home once again. I removed my boots and walked to the kitchen. No one was there. I walked to the living room, empty. Curiosity led me to their room, which was empty.

I decided to see if their vehicle was outside. I opened the cold door handle and pulled it opened. I stepped on the porch to reveal my grandparents sitting in their rocking chairs.

I sighed as I walked near them, there was someone else. A young someone, a boy someone. Who was he?