24

I stood in a solid black dress and a black sunhat. My feet didn't have shoes on, and thats how I would attend my sons funeral.

I walked downstairs to see everyone standing emotionless. Zayn and Liam grabbed each of my arms as they walked me to the backyard.

Trenton's body was laying in a handmade wooden box. Small, white flowers were scattered on top of it. Harry and Niall stood above a small hole in the ground.

"Today,we lost the angel we know as Trenton Slay Styles." Liam started,but I stopped him.

"Liam, can we just bury him. It's too much to handle." I asked.

"Yeah yeah, sure um Harry, Niall." Liam rambled.

I walked over and grabbed a handful of dirt as my child was descending into the ground. Once the casket was settled, I tossed dirt on the box and tears mixed into the dirt.

"I love you Trenton Slay." I cried lowly.

Zayn wrapped me in his arms and I held him close. I sobbed I to his shoulder. He picked me up and took me back I to the house.

I looked behind me and the boys were shoveling dirt over the casket. All of a sudden, my pain and sadness left my body.

I felt my muscles tense up. My eyes began to shake and my gums began to throb. Zayn must have felt the tension, because he sat me down.

"Nina, your eyes are black. Come on let's get you something to eat." He said turning the doorknob open.

I took off running into the woods as my nose led me to a food source. There was a fox hunting in the woods. Little did he know that he was the one being hunted.

I picked his fuzzy body up and bit into the side of his neck. His little body fought against me, but he soon gave up. I held him in my hands as I began to cry.

My knees fell to the ground as I realized that I had just killed an innocent animal. The old me would never do this. I don't know what caused me to hurt this animal, I should have went in the house and got the blood Zayn offered.

I set the fox down and petted him, "I'm so sorry."

I wiped my tears and got up. I ran back to the house and walked in. The boys were sitting on the couches.

"You're back so soon." Liam said.

"It didn't take long." I said walking to Harry.

"Come here," Harry said holding his arms open.

I walked over and sat in his lap. I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

"Fox?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." I plainly stated. "Where is Hannah and Kendra?" I asked.

"Well, they are, um busy." Louis stated looking around at the boys.

"I was hoping they could make it to Trenton's funeral." I said with a little disappointment.

"They don't do to well at funerals, they would've gotten on your nerves." Harry said kissing the top of my head.

"It still would've been nice to see them." I said leaving it at that.

I was surprised how fast that I had bounced back to my new self. I just lost Trenton, but for some reason I felt like it never happened. I still love him, I just feel like I would be better off without him right now. He would also be better off without me.

We all sat in complete silence. I could tell that the boys were walking on eggshells around me, but they didn't need to.

"Can we watch a movie or something?" Niall asked. "I hate this awkward silence." He added.

The boys all looked at me to see if it was okay. I really wish that they wouldn't act like that.

"Yeah, put on something funny." I smiled.

I knew that I was supposed to be grieving, but I don't see the point of harping on it. I would still have the scars on my heart, but I would also have Trenton there too.

Harry and I got comfortable as Niall turned off the lights. Niall walked back over to the couch to take his previous position, but Harry and I were sprawled out.

"I guess I will sit on the floor." He said widening his eyes.

"Sorry Niall." I laughed.

"I bet you are." He teased.

Harry took his foot and looked Niall's head causing all of us to burst out laughing. This is how how I wanted us to be. Just playful and all getting along. This is how I remember us. This moment was perfect. I was surrounded by the ones I love.

Harry wrapped his arms around me and a smile spread across my pale face. My back was pressed to his torso as he intertwined his fingers around me.

The small talk faded away as the movie began. Before the movie even started Niall began laughing. That was just like him, and I loved it.

I didn't even focus on the movie, all I could think of was all of this joy. It was so great and I felt peaceful again. My soul was at rest, my mind was at rest, and now my son was at rest.

I guess that is what I was holding on to. The fact that Trenton wouldn't have to suffer, he was at rest. Trenton wouldn't have to face peer presser, social casualties, or diseases. That is what made me the happiest.