4

"Hello," I greeted the three people who occupied the front porch.

"Goodmorning Nina, we would like you to meet Niall." My grandmother said.

I walked over and held out my hand, "I'm Nina its nice to meet you." I greeted.

I expected an icy hand to take my warm one, instead Niall's pale, but warm, hand fell into mine.

"It's good too meet you too." He smiled. "I actually live right down the road."

I smiled and nodded my head. Why was he here, did he know my grandparents?

"OK, well that was all I needed, I guess I will find myself headed home." He said walking off the porch.

"Bye dear, be careful." Grandmother waved.

"Who is he?" I asked as soon as his silhouette could not be seen.

"That is Niall Horan, he is a family friend. A real doll, he comes over every now and then to check up on us oldies." Grandma laughed.

"Oh, well he seemed sweet." I smiled.

"Oh, does someone like Niall?" Grandfather teased.

"No, I just think it's odd for someone his age to just drop by whenever he pleases." I said walking back inside.

I went to my room and lied down on the bed. I pulled my phone off the nightstand and unlocked it. No messages from my friends, I should have known. They would not stop the fun just because I left. It did make me feel bad for myself that they could have fun with out me.

I decided to check Instagram. I refused to like any pictures dealing with my ex boyfriend. He haunted every picture on my timeline. We shared the same friends, so he was in group pictures with my closest friends. I locked my phone an crossed it to the end of the bed.

I removed my body from the comfortable bed as I placed my feet to the floor. I stepped softly to the door and opened it. I walked down the hall and into the living room. Grandma and grandpa were sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as they were struggling to figure out Netflix.

"We have one if these smart TVs and we can't even work it." Grandpa said poking the remote.

"Let me see." I said taking the remote from his dried, wrinkly hands.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked.

"Psh, well I don't know." Grandma exclaimed.

"Comedy, romance, horror, suspense, mystery, western?" I asked going down the list.

"Horror, lets watch a scary movie!" Grandpa said.

"Okay, scary movie it is." I smiled.

I went through the long list of horror films. We all decided on Jessabelle, since they have failed to see it.

I sat on the floor with my back against the couch. My eyes were glued to the TV as I enjoyed the movie for the twentieth time. I heard banging on the back door, causing me to sit up.

"I will go see what it is." I said standing up.

"Probably some wild animal." Grandpa said.

I slowly walked to the back door. Fear built up inside of me as I stepped closer.

"Who is it?" I asked.

No response was made, the knocking was still continuing. I shakily put my hand on the door knob. I opened it slowly, peeking through the crack. The knocking was still present, but I couldn't see a thing. I forcefully opened the door all the way, nothing was there and the knocking subsided.

I stepped out and looked around, nothing was in sight. I shook my head and went back to the living room.

"What was it?" Grandpa asked.

"Nothing was there." I said as I sat down.

"Hmh." Grandma added.

We watched a few more movies and decided that it was time to eat. I informed grandma that I would take care of it.

I went to the kitchen and decided to make grilled cheeses. I did all necessary preparations. It didn't take me long until my cheesy masterpiece was finished.

I placed the warm sandwiches on plates. I poured two glasses of tea and grabbed the plates back in my hands. I took what I had to my elders. They both smiled and thanked me.

"Hope you like it." I smiled. "I'm gonna go to bed early, I'm really tired." I lied.

"OK, goodnight sweetie." Grandma Rose said.

I walked to my room. I shut the door behind me and pressed my back against the wood door. I let out a sigh and walked to my closet. I pulled out a bohemian style backpack. I put a flashlight, my phone, and some batteries. I tied the back together and threw it on my back.

I decided to go early, I just wanted to listen to the running water and think.

I pushed the window open and stepped out. I closed the window down, so it wouldn't be noticeable. I left a crack for when I returned.

I walked towards the familiar path that marked the forest floor. I hummed as I walked further into the dark. I hummed, mainly to calm my nerves.

I could not see a thing, but I let my ears lead me to the creek. I was confident enough to walk the path in pitch darkness.

Once I heard the creek, I stopped. I pulled my bag off my back and pulled out my flash light. I flipped the switch on and shone the light around.

I walked over and sat on the stump. I sat the flashlight on the ground and let it shine into the creek. I watched the water flow through the small creek as I relaxed.

My light started to go on and off, quickly. I heard laughter and footsteps.

"That's enough." Harry laughed.

The blinking stopped as I picked the light up. I shone it in the direction, in which I heard Harry. There was a group of boys walking towards me.

"Nina, you're early." Harry said stopping in front of me.

"Yeah, I came to think." I said.

"Oh, please forgive me. This is Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Niall." He said pointing to each male.

"Are they vampires to?" I asked earning a cough from Liam. "Sorry, cold ones."

They all laughed at me, "no, Niall is a warlock." Harry confessed.

"Yeah, I met Niall, today actually." I said looking him up and down.

'Yeah, we have known your grandparents for years." Niall said making it awkward.

"I don't want to stay out here all night, just invite her over." Zayn pleaded.

"Would you?" Harry asked.

"Sure." I said taking his outstretched hand.

"You won't need that light, we can see perfectly in any condition." Liam said.

"I can't see in the dark." I said.

"I got you, but turn your light off and put it away." Harry said letting my hand go.

I shut my light off and put it in my bag. Harry picked me up and put me of his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist, I let my arms drape over his shoulders. We began walking in the dark, for all I know I could be going to my death.