CHAPTER 8

POV ARJUN:

Lying on the bed in my denims alone, I looked around the room where I had spent many nights for the past seven months but never bothered about its details. Golden curtains blocked the french windows. There was a huge mirror besides a door to the walk-in wardrobe. Against the mirror, on the dressing table were a series of well arranged cosmetics. It included everything a girl could dream of.

Yes, it was a girl's room. 

"Arjun...." a familiar seductive voice caught my attention.

I turned towards Shanaya leaning on the door frame of the bathroom. Dressed in my shirt which barely covered her thighs and she looked hot. Surprisingly, always-so-appealing Shanaya failed to make up my mood today. I got up from the bed.

"I have to go." I said flatly.

She slowly walked to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. Brushing her breasts to my hard chest, she pulled my face to her's and locked her lips to mine in a fierce kiss. Still not in a mood.

"It is just three in the morning. We still have too much of time." she whispered in my ears.

"I seriously need to go."

I pushed her aside. Grabbing one of my spare shirts from her wardrobe I walked out of her apartment.

As I settled into the car, I could not cope up with the fact that I had just rejected sex. What was wrong with me? Arjun Nanda- The tagged playboy had just turned down a half naked model- Shanaya. This was so unlike me.

 Everything was perfect. Shanaya was an aspiring model. She liked me. She was cool with never-going-to-commit Arjun Nanda and was ready to sleep with him anyway. 

But, Arjun Nanda was a dickhead who was willing to throw it all suddenly! 

My phone vibrated. I parked the car and checked the message:

Shanaya-

What is wrong with you? Right since that stupid party of your film, you have been acting strange. You cancelled that night's plan too. And today, you just walked out on me!

I deleted the message and texted my manager asking him to order a box of chocolates and a bouquet on Shanaya's address. That was one problem taken care of.

 You never deny casual sex. If a hot girl is seducing you in her bedroom, you take her right there and not bolt away like some idiot- I muttered till it was fit tight in my head.

Feeling a grip over myself I hit the accelerator turning towards my home.

*********************

***********************

POV MEERA:

"Tell me about yourself." Gulati said looking at the rising sun on the beach.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

He settled on the sand facing the sea and patted the heap of sand besides him gesturing me to take a place next to him. The morning was beautiful and the sun was still pleasant.

"Who is Meera Mohan?" he asked grinning.

"Meera Mohan is a normal girl living in New York. She lives with her masi. She lost her mother when she was ten and her father had abandoned her mother and her before she came to this world. That's pretty much it."

" I don't see you very fond of your father. Why are you here?" he asked amused.

"That is an embarrassing story." I laughed.