CHAPTER 13

POV MEERA:

 Blue,white, or black?- I gave it a serious thought. Black would have been a little over the top for a small dinner. I thought blue was elegant. But I had these amazing pearls that were perfect for the white dress. So white it was!

Shoving my head into a white short dress, which stopped right above my knees, showing off my perfectly tanned legs, I checked myself in the mirror. I ran a hand through my thick curls, setting them in a messy fashion as the tiny pearls on my ears peeked through them. 

I pushed my feet in to those golden stilletos which matched the golden belt at my waist and struggled with the straps. I kind of sucked at handling those fashion goodies. My phone on the dressing table vibrated rigorously. For the fifth time.

"What?!" I yelled in to the phone.

"Get your ass down here. Right now!" Gulati snapped on the other end.

"Didn't I say ten minutes?" I scoffed.

"Oh, let me recollect. did you?! Of course, you did. Like thirty freaking minutes ago!!!" he bit back.

"On my way, you snappy fellow!" I babbled running through the hallway and out in the lawns and finally at the gate.

I made my way to the black Sedan parked in front of the gate. Settling on the back seat, I pull the door close. There was this chick on the wheels in a red dress with Gulati in his red shirt and a pair of jeans in the seat next to her. Gulati welcomed me with a killing glare but I ignored it anyway.

"Meera, this is my girlfriend Ruchika. And Ruchika, meet my annoying friend Meera." he introduced.

"Hey sister!" that way-too-enthusiastic birdie chirped with a wink.

"Hey.......... sister...." that was my failed attempt to reciprocate her enthusiasm.

"She is sweet, isn't she Vivaan?" Ruchika turned back to Gulati.

"Maybe. But I find you the sweetest, my sugar candy!" Gulati was going all mushy. eww!

"No, you are the sweetest my apple pie!" she gave a playful punch on Gulati's shoulder.

"Of course not! you are---" Gulati started.

"Can we just leave already? Before I puke right here." I cut him off.

"I really like her." that birdie giggled as she started the engine and turned towards the main road.

"But I like you." Gulati gave a super fake coy smile. Dog!

"Awww! I like you more----"

.....................

........................