CHAPTER 22

POV ARJUN:

 Sipping on the champagne flute in my hand, I stood there in a corner of the huge party hall. Dazzling golden lights pouring over the dark walls with the crowd grooving to the DJ's beats- it all created a perfect party ambiance. I was done with my duty of posing for the photographs with Rao uncle, the bride and the groom. Thirty minutes and I was planning to get out of here.

 "Arjun!" A familiar female voice came from behind.

I turned around to face Aisha. Aisha Kapoor. In a beautiful black gown with a side slit coming up to her thighs, there she was- giving me one of her most adorable smiles. I picked up a champagne flute from a waiter's tray nearby and handed it to her.

"Aisha. What a pleasant surprise!" I said giving her a light peck on the cheeks.

 "Haven't seen a lot of you after our first film together." she pouted.

"Tell me about it!" I laughed, "Was too caught up in the shooting and stuff."

"I understand. What are you doing here anyway?" she asked.

"Rao uncle happens to be a friend of our family." I rolled my eyes.

"You know, we need to keep our despise on a check in here or we might make our way to tomorrow's headlines with controversial captions." she winked.

"How I hate attending these things!" I whispered.

"Well, not when you get to charge them with a pocket slashing price for your presence." she grinned.

"You lucky vixen!" I gave a playful hit on her arm.

Vishal came running towards us and cleared his throat for our attention. Aisha and I turned towards him.

"Arjun, Rao Sir is asking for you two there. You guys need to pose for some photos with him and his family." he smiled nervously.

"Didn't I go through the same thing like twenty minutes back?" I asked annoyed.

"That was for the wedding album." Vishal pushed his specs up his nose, "and these ones are for the media that has just been allowed inside. They will be shown out after this."

I sighed in frustration and slid my arm around Aisha's tiny waist. She looked at me and gave a knowing smile. I winked back and we started walking towards where the camera flashlights were coming from.

****************************

POV MEERA:

We made our way to the party hall with Khanak walking next to me and Gulati lingering behind us. He had this stupid grin all over his face- parties always got him into a classic mood. All his maturity and responsible-self went down the gutter once he was into a party mood.  We stepped into the hall which was thumping with loud music. My eyes scanned around the crowd. Adarsh and Shalini had a forced smile on their face as they greeted the guests around. Gulati's eyes were popping out of the sockets at the mere sight of ladies, food and bar. 

"Oh my God! Oh my God!!" Khanak was practically jumping with excitement, "Oh My Dear God..."

Our gazes followed her's in the particular direction, curious as to what she was excited about.

In that black blazer and those raked hair, Arjun looked absolutely ravishing. The white shirt in the blazer had a few top buttons loose, giving a delicious sight of his neck. He slipped his hand around that familiar woman- Aisha Kapoor from that party! 

How I could have sold my soul just to take her place in Arjun's arms!

She whispered something into his ear and Arjun chuckled giving away on those cute dimples on his cheeks. I let out a huge sigh to ease the tension building in me. Gulati turned towards me with a knowing sly smile.