CHAPTER 12

POV MEERA:

My finger traced an 'M' in the sand, as the sea-wind blew through my hair. I looked around on the crowded beach, but Gulati was nowhere in sight. I went back to finish tracing my name on the sand. It was a month now to my very first arrival in India. And, I was still alive.

"Meera!" Gulati plopped besides me, ruining my sand art in the process. Idiot!

"Where on earth were you?" I asked frustrated.

"I have a life! Was stuck with Ruchika."

"Who the hell is Ruchika?" I ask emphasizing the name.

"My girlfriend." he said too busy tapping in his phone.

"That reminds me about the treat you owe me" I grinned.

"Treat...? okay, treat... of course...." he babbled too absent minded.

A jerk with my hand, I knocked his phone down on the sand. He picked up his phone and wiped it on my shirtsleeve, awarding me with a stern look. And that annoying idiot went back to whatever he was doing on the phone.

"FYI,I don't take ignorance from the idiots very well." I snapped.

"Am I offended?" he mocked with his left hand on his heart.

"Let's have pani puri, there!" I suggested pointing to the pani puri vendor on the beach.

"Pani puri? Are you out of your senses Miss NRI?"

"What is wrong with having pani puri? I wanna try it."

"It will be too much for your firangi stomach to handle." he said in a very fatherly tone.

"Well, excuses are for misers!"

He stood up dusting his pants on my face and started walking towards the pani puri vendor. He turned around to yell back,

" Don't you want that pani puri treat of your's?"

I jumped up and ran towards the stall to join the small group of people already savoring pani puri. We were both handed two small plates, as the guy dipped the puri in the spicy water to place it in my plate.

"Go ahead. Put the whole thing in your big mouth already!" Gulati smirked.

I put the first pani puri in my mouth as he was served his.

"A pani puri fact." he said chewing," It's called gol gappa in Delhi.."

"I think I might develop the ability of breathing out--" I sucked in some air through my mouth, "fire!"