CHAPTER 34

POV ADITYA:

I sat on the chair in my study room looking through the new script I was planning to turn into a film. The early morning sun-rays pierced through the french windows to fall on the Mahogany desk in front. The knock on the door drew my attention to Meera standing there in a pair of jeans and a bright-yellow top. Her loose hair reminded me of Manyata.

"Good Morning. All ready for Goa?" I put the specs down which were resting on my nose-bridge before. "I booked your ticket. I think you should leave for the airport in thirty minutes or so."

"Okay." She murmured taking a seat on the opposite side of the desk as her eyes roamed around on the walls, "Your study room is quite filmy."

"Huh? maybe." I fumbled. Had Meera just said something to me which was nowhere near to her usual sarcastic retorts? Was I dreaming?, "If you want, I can come along with you to Goa."

"No. That's fine." She smiled at me. "Did you inform Arjun?"

"Yes I did. He tried calling you but it was unavailable or something." I tried hard to cover up my shocked expressions.

"My phone battery was dead." She murmured, "I will see you later."

I nodded as she got up to leave.

Her sprint came to a halt at the door, "Dad?"

My head shot up and some stupid voice in my head made me look behind to check if she was talking to someone else. That was not very smooth on my part.

"Ahmm..." I looked back at her, "Yes?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I don't blame you for whatever happened between mum and you. I would love to see things working out between us, that is if you don't mind." She bit on her lower lip.

" of-course, I would love that too." I got up from my chair. 

she turned to leave.

"Meera!" I called out behind her and she stopped, "It was nobody's mistake. It is just that we were too young and we failed to understand our priorities. Our hasty decisions landed us up in a mess. I love you both very much."

"I know." She smiled, "I don't hate you either." She winked before walking away.

******************************************

POV MEERA:

I fiddled with my air-ticket as airport people made an announcement that my flight was late by another forty-five minutes. They were definitely testing my patience here. The butterflies in my belly were having their very own rock concert not bothering about the host (myself) for once. I dug my hand into my bag-pack to pull out the latest copy of 'City Rhythms'. Caught up in this mess, I hadn't talked to Gulati  after that Tomato attack day before yesterday. Hoping a mention of that incident in his latest article, I flipped the pages open---

AU REVOIR MY WICKED READERS:

AU REVOIR IS A FRENCH WORD FOR 'GOODBYE'. SEXY RIGHT? ALL THE PRETTY LADIES OUT THERE, IF MY FRENCH VOCABULARY COMBINED WITH MY CHARMS SEEM LIKE AN IRRESISTIBLE COMBO TO YOU THEN FEEL FREE TO LAY A SIEGE ON OUR OFFICE AND PESTER BIGGIE INTO SURRENDERING MY  WHEREABOUTS.

I WOULD DEFINITELY LOVE TO MEET YOU GALS IF BIGGIE DECIDES TO SPARE MY LIFE AFTER READING THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH. NOW THAT I'M DONE WITH SOME SHAMELESS FLIRTING, I WOULD LIKE TO GET BACK TO THE TOPIC.

THIS IS MY LAST ARTICLE FOR THIS MAGAZINE. AWW! WIPE THAT TEAR OFF ALREADY. IT'S TIME FOR ME TO HEAD BACK HOME. MAA IS MISSING ME TERRIBLY AND IF YOU EVEN LIKE TRY TO CONVINCE ME TO STAY BACK HERE, SHE MIGHT JUST COME AFTER YOU RIDING ON  A HORSE WITH AN AK-47 IN HER HANDS. NUP, I'M NOT EXAGGERATING. YOU SEE, I AM THE ONLY SANE CHILD MY PARENTS ARE BLESSED WITH( CONSIDERING MY OTHERWISE PSYCHO SISTER AND BROTHER) SO IT IS NOT A SURPRISE THAT MAA WANTS ME BACK HOME SOON!