CHAPTER 10

POV MEERA:

I stared at the diamond studded (fake, of course) 'M' hanging from the keys between Mehta Uncle's fingers. He stretched his hand towards me, gesturing to grab the keys.

"What's this?" I asked grabbing the keys and randomly rubbing my index finger against the diamonds.

"That big key is of this house and the small one belongs to your new scooty, two wheeler."

"A scooty?"

"You have a job now. You'll need it and the house keys for your late night arrivals from work." he smiled.

"Did-- did he ask you to get this scooty for me?" I asked staring at the keys in my hand.

"Maybe your 'he' isn't that big of a villain you picture him to be." he laughed.

I gave a weak smile.

"You should rush to the set now. If I were you, I wouldn't want to be late on my first day at work." he winked and walked away to the study room.

I went back to my room to change in to a pair of jeans and a baggy yellow T-shirt. Securing my hair in to a loose ponytail, I settled on the seat of this Orange scooty with my cross-bag hung on my shoulder safely.

 I made it to the perfect location( though after a series of serious failed attempts, but that was not important) on my own. I walked towards the studio, which had a board reading-'Love...Dosti....Zindagi...!!'

Thatwas the film I'm working for and it sounded lame to me. I realized I was again being all mean to Mr. Bollywood and pushed the thought aside. Opening the studio door, I practically tripped over and ran into like a million people. Everyone was busy with something or the other. The fans, the cameras, the sun shields, mirror and many not-known-to-my-knowledge equipments were lying around.

"Meera!" A shrieking voice almost gave me a stroke.

I turned to a woman in her mid-twenties, a little-tiny-bit plump, dressed in a pair of jeans and a little-too-slutty-for-work black top mounted on her 'practically impossible to walk' high heels. Something about her made me dislike her at once.

"Meera? Meera Nayak?" she asked pointing her index finger at me while holding a writing pad in the other hand.

"Yes." I answered realizing the fact that I was given a fake last name here to hide my identity.

I felt a little disappointed because I would have loved to choose a fake last name for myself. 'Nayak'- I didn't like the sound of it. Meera Nayak- Didn't even fit together. Nayak.... Meera Nayak..... Nayak.... I tested the name in my head and cringed my nose.

"Excuse me, Miss Day Dreamer! We have things to do here." she snapped her fingers at me.

How dare she??!!

"Here, take this dialogue script to Vanity Van 2 parked outside. And I'm Aakshi, the in charge of crew, so you better follow my instructions, get it?" she handed me a bunch of filed papers and walked away.

I made my way to that Vanity Van 2 of her's and knocked the door once. Twice. Thrice. I was losing my patience with that vanity van. I curled my fingers in to a hard fist, pulled it back and launched it towards that stupid door of 'Vanity Van 2'.

The door swung open and my fist landed on-- on someone's chest. But he deserved it. My eyes moved from the white T-shirt peeking from a black jacket to the masculine hand rubbing the part where my fist had landed , to the adam's apple moving furiously in his throat, to-- to-- Oh My Fucking God! Why?

"Are you out of your mind, Ducky-Pants?!" Yep, that was Arjun yelling, still rubbing that injured part.

"You take forever to open the door." I stated flatly.