CHAPTER 16

POV GULATI:

"Haah!" I look at her bemused face, "that's weird." 

She smiled at me as we walked on the shore in the Luke warm ankle deep waters of the Mumbai Sea in the late evening. She had just finished narrating her crazy dinner from last night.  In cotton shorts and a white T-shirt, her free curls flew to her face as she tried holding them back.  Her little escapades always amused me. Combined with my writings they were doing incredibly well, leaving people wondering about this un-named girl in my articles.

"What are you doing Meera?" I turned to face her, our walk coming to a halt.

"What? What did I do?" she asked lifting her arms which held her shoes in a dismissive gesture.

I looked at her face and she yet again pushed those curls behind with her shoulders. A failed attempt at that. I caught hold of her curly strands and tucked it safely behind her ears.

"Why are you working at a stupid film set? You were the one who proudly announced that you simply loathed your father's films and have nothing to do with it." I made a point.

She sighed. Opening her mouth she shut it  and sighed again. 

"I don't know. I just..." she struggled with the words.

"You do have a soft corner for him, don't you?" I smirked.

"No. Of course not! I know I had a dinner with him,but that does not mean that I have some deep feelings for Arjun Nanda!" she went into a super defense mode.

" I was talking about your father. You like him. But, there! You gave me yet another explanation for why you would go for such a lame job." I laughed.

"Shut up Gulati. I don't like either of them. Both of them are damn irritating. " She punched my shoulder.

"Meera and Arjun, sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Meera and Arjun, sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!" I sang laughing as I walked ahead.

"GULATI! That is such a kiddo thing to sing." she shouted from behind.

Our small exchange of songs and shout-outs turned a few heads. But that was something we always managed to do. I looked behind to find her standing at the very same spot giving me a killer glare.

"Are you going to come?" I yelled in her direction and started walking again.

She ran to cope up with me.

Panting, she asked, "Where are we off to, dork?" 

"To the dork-land!" I made a dramatic hand gesture.

She gave me a skeptical look.

"What? I meant 'my apartment'. " I stated in an obvious tone.

"Was that 'dork-land' thing supposed to be witty?" she went all sarcastic, air quoting my discovery.

"Of course not. I'm a 'dork' remember? I don't say witty stuff." A smirk spread across my face. 

 *****************************

******************************

POV MEERA:

Gulati pushed the doorbell thrice in a specific (annoying) tone.

"This is the first time I'm coming to your place." I clapped my hands involuntarily.

"This is the first time you are coming to my place, yay!!" he clapped his hands mocking me of course.

"HAHA..." my dry, fake laugh ended the thing.

 The door flew open and a girl in early twenties smiled at us. In her turquoise anarkali churidar she seemed like a perfect image of a beautiful Indian woman. Her lusciously long and thick hair was braided in a plait. The silver bangles on her hands jingled as she tucked a few loose strands behind her ears. Her huge black eyes which were in a pleasant contrast with her fair skin moved from Gulati to me and again back to Gulati.